Death is not a happy place

May POV

Daisy has been growing up every day. She's now 8 years old and looks like this.

 She's now 8 years old and looks like this

I know it's so cute. Anyways I'm keeping yet another secret from my adopted daughter. The first one is that she's adopted, the 2nd one is I'm a SHIELD agent, the 3rd is that her last name isn't Jackson it's Daisy Johnson but because of SHIELD being criminals we had to change it, the 4th is that she isn't related to Yoyo or Fitz or even me and Phil even though she thinks they're her older siblings and we have them call us mom and dad in front of us for the sake of our cover, the final one I'm gonna tell you is the newest one and this is that Phil is dying. I can't just tell an 8 year old that her father is dying. "Mommy is Daddy back?!!!" Daisy asked from the front door. I walked downstairs to see Daisy with her skateboard tucked protectively under her arm and her backpack on her back. "Daisy what did I tell you?" I asked. "He'll be back no later than Friday." The little girl answered. She sighed. "But it's already Wednesday he should be back by now." Daisy complained. "I know sweetie but these things take time and sometimes a lot of it." I explained. She just nodded. "Soooo...." She trialed off but I knew what she was gonna say. "No Daisy that new skateboard didn't come in the mail yet." I said trying not to laugh. "But it said Wednesday and today... is Wednesday." Daisy complained. "I don't see why you want a board less skateboard anyways, you have so many different skateboards in your closet." I said. "Yeah but this is cooler." She said. "Okay well in the meantime why don't you put your stuff down." I said. " Okay." She said before running to her room to put her stuff down. Suddenly the door bell rang. "Daisy your skateboard's here!!!!!" I called while signing the package.
———————————
Eliza POV

I was back at Clark's after the worst 2 weeks ever

I was back at Clark's after the worst 2 weeks ever. I was fostered by these billionaires in Rome for 2 weeks and they actually spoke English but they had these 3 other biological kids and usually foster kids and biological kids don't work out. They sent me back after about 2 weeks and sent me on a flight back to Rome. The only good thing I got was a bunch of new clothes like the shirt I'm wearing right now. They let me keep all the clothes. I usually end up sharing everything with the girls at Clark's. But being the youngest nobody is my size so yayyyyy. I get all these to myself. Valerie was to a group home 3 weeks ago so I only had Auggie now. I took my skateboard out of the luggage I packed and strapped up both backpacks. One on my stomach and one on my back. They were filled with phones for me and my friends and a bunch of clothes that I bought in Rome. I skated to Clark's. "Well look who's sent back. Go to the girls dorm and unpack, no meals for 2 months!!!" Ms. Clark said. I ran to my shared room and found 2 empty beds. My bunk and Valerie's old one. I put my stuff on my bunk and saw Vanessa sitting on her bunk. She turned to look at me. "So ya got sent back again, huh?" She asked. I just nodded and handed her an iPhone XR in black, her favorite color. "They gave me these." I said grabbing mine. "I bought one for everyone except Clark with a personalized case and everything." I explained. "Thanks kid." Vanessa said. "I put Val in your contacts..." I paused knowing this was a hard topic for Vanessa. "Just thought you'd wanna call her." I said. Then I turned and left giving everyone phones for the rest of the day because Ms. Clark was gone.
———————-
The next day
———————-
Daisy POV