Third - Love that Gives Joy for no Reason at all

Börja om från början

I don't want that.

I don't want him to hate me.

I wanted to be closer to him.

"Good morning..." I said while looking at the flower. "And now I'm talking to a flower... great..." I sighed as I stepped out of the bed.

"What's with the long face?" My Mom asked as I sat down for breakfast. "Did something happen last night?"

"Nothing... I'm just a little bit tired, I guess. You know, with school stuff and such."

"You don't have to go to the shop every day after school. You should enjoy more, join some clubs, and go out with your new friends. Do things that a normal teenager would do, but don't get into trouble."

"Just listening to that makes me tired already..." I complained. "Why can't I just stay at my room?"

"Because you're not an old man, Drew." My Mom chuckled. "You have to explore the world, experience new things, and have fun. You don't have to be afraid of making mistakes, it is part of being young, and it's how life teaches you. There are many things the world has to offer, you won't get to experience it if you stay lock up in your room."

"But I am having fun..."

"Drew..." My Mom said and raised an eyebrow.

"I get it. I'll try to have more fun..." There's no winning against Mom at all. I knew she was worried about me, because unlike other teens, I was not very active. The only times I go out of the house, was if I would go for a swim at the lake, but now that we moved to a different town, there was no lake for me to swim, no place for me to go.

School was practically uneventful that morning. I can't really say that fitting-in in that new environment was easy, but it's not that difficult either. Socializing is not a problem with me, and despite the fact that I hate going out of the house, especially at night, I really love having people to talk to. They give insights, ideas, stories that I couldn't acquire on my own.

Thanks to Perry, I have a lot of people around me, well, maybe too much people, but I can work with that. I hope. I was in a large group of people during lunch, including Perry, Gale, and Dion. I still don't get why Perry was adamant in making me famous in campus. It really didn't matter to me. All I want is to fit in, and start a new chapter of my life.

"About Nico..." I suddenly said out of nowhere, which surprised everyone at my table.

"What about him?" Perry asked.

"He seems like a friendly guy..." I said very carefully.

Everyone at my table suddenly laughed. Obviously, they thought I was kidding. "That is the best joke I've heard so far..." Perry said as he laughed. "Nico Bellard, a friendly guy?"

"We have nothing against Nico Bellard, but he is not the nicest guy out there, you know." Dion said. "Don't be fooled by his nice smile or laughter, he only does that around those he treats as his friends. And those people are very few. I mean, we are juniors now, and I still yet to see him approach anyone but his group of friends."

"Really?" Maybe I was being naive, but I felt kind of special, since Nico acted very friendly towards me yesterday.

"Yeah, the friends he has now, they've been his friends even before he entered highschool." said Gale.

"I see..." Something must've happened that made him stop making any new friends.

"To put it simply, he hasn't talk to any other student here, but his friends. He would just either look down on you, literally, grin at you, or brush pass you, most of the times he would simply ignore you, like you don't exist at all." Perry said.