Chapter 31: A childs innocence

Here I am again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Naruto was once again skinning one of the animals he had hunted. Just about a day or two more before he reached Totousai and have his blade made.

Rin, who was currently sitting a few yards away practicing the handseals from some detailed drawings he had made for her.

Or was...Naruto, soon felt a weight jump onto his back latching onto his neck. "Naruto-sensei Rin learned the hand thingy!" She said beaming at him.

Naruto chuckled and lifted her over his head and set her down infront of him. "Oh really? Well then...show me the Inu and they're called handseals."

"Ummm." Her face scrunched up in concentration as she twisted her fingers around in the correct way. "This one!" She chirped bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Naruto nodded. "Good, now Ryu."

Her tongue peeked itself out between her lips as she formed a slightly more complicated handseal.

He continued this process for several seconds, merely correcting the Tori seal and the Osu-Buta, which were one of the more complicated seals.

He nodded, smiling as he ruffled her hair. "You did well Rin, now then, let me teach you how to use those seals to bring out the power which is known to my people as, chakra.

She listened with baited breath, wide honey brown eyes staring at his. It was almost disturbing, but, in a weird way cute.

He cleared his throat. "Now then, if I was my old sensei Iruka I would explain every technicality and little detail that you will no doubt, need to hear six or seven times before you understand, but I prefer a practical approach." He extended his hands. "Give me your hands Rin."

Obediently she did so.

He placed his hands over hers and gently extended his chakra into her tenketsu system. Rin gasped again at the unfamiliar sensation. Naruto looked into her confused, slightly fearful brown ones. "What you feel is my chakra flowing through your Tenketsu. The tenketsu is what allows your chakra to flow through your body. You can feel your own as it forms around mine right?"

At her nod he continued.

"Good. Now, what I want you to try to do, is push my chakra out of your system, back into mine, and then try to extend your chakra into my own Tenketsu. Focus on the parts that you know for certain are yours and not mine okay. Are you ready?"

She nodded again. Naruto smiled reassuringly.

Her face scrunched up in concentration and after several minutes he could feel his chakra receive a slight nudge. 'Good.' He thought.

Her forehead had small beads of sweat forming on it and after a few more minutes he felt a stronger nudge this time, then a weak, yet continuous push on the chakra he placed in her system, he smiled as his chakra was pushed from its original position along her wrists into the palm of her hands, just one more push.

Finally, she was able to push his chakra out of her system. He pulled his hands away.

She looked up at the lack of contact, confused, breathing a little heavier than before.