Chapter 1: Midoriko

Hey everyone this is a new story for all of you. I know I haven't completed any of my other ones but its just that they all still have a lot of work left to be done on them. 

Also I want to assure everyone that I will never cancel or give up on any of my fics. That is a promise.

Anyway, here's the story.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A  lone figure stood atop the scarred mountain face that once housed the Hokage monument.

He stared at the sea of flames and destruction that was once the Village of the Hidden Leaves. Now a scared battleground, filled with bodies, ash, rubble and death, that mocked its former prime.

Was this it?

Was this the result of all that they had worked for?

He had tried, ohhh had he tried. But still, it wasn't enough. He couldn't protect them.

Sakura,

Tsunade

Jiraiya

Kakashi

Rock Lee

Tenten

Neji

Shikamaru

Chouji

Kiba

Hinata

Shino

Azuma

Kurenai

Gai

Ino

Gaara

Temari

Kankuro

Konohamaru

Ebisu

Udon

Moegi

All gone.

Orochimaru, in a last ditch efort to win the war launched a desperate suprise attack on the village. But the leaf nins organized to quickly and despite being caught unawares and Orochimaru having possessed Sasuke they were soon being pushed back.

In the end Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, Jiraiya and Tsunade had the snake cornered.

That's when everything went straight to hell.

Akatsuki's entire organization arrived and began attacking. Maito Gai oppened all eight gates, succeeding in killing Kisame and weakening two others. Tenten, Neji and Rock Lee took on one of the weakened members who's name was Kakuzu. Yet when they were ready to kill the man he used a suicidal technique. Taking down himself and everyone else with him.

Hidan, the immortal had taken down Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji and Azuma before Kakashi was able to deliver a Chidori right into the mans head. Just before he was burnt to ash by Itachi's Amateratsu.

Kurenai had fought against Tobi, using genjutsu after genjutsu against eachother the two were soon exhausted and even as Shino was able to deal with the man Kurenai soon died from chakra depletion herself.

Hinata and Kiba fought against a blue haired Kunoichi and despite their best efforts they soon fell to her. Shino, in a blind rage attacked the Kunoichi but was cut down as well. In the end, only Naruto, Sakura, Jiraiya and Tsunade stood against the remaining five S class criminals.

Then Suna arrived with the flicker of hope lighting again.

Naruto, now seventeen, a member of the Anbu ad one of the strongest ninja in the village, if not the strongest faced the leader of the organization along with his pink haired teammate.