#20 The bad boy he chooses to love

Começar do início

"It took time but at some point, your father and I, we fell in love." Mrs. Lee said. It was a weird situation, telling her son something so cheesy. As an Asian mom, she wasn't used to talking about emotions. But she was aware of her son growing up overseas. Since he was a child, he has learned to talk about feelings.

"How did you know it was love? You thought you loved your ex too? Didn't you?" Mrs. Lee now stared at her son who suddenly showed interest in the whole topic. "Is he in love? Did he reach this age already?" She wanted to wrap him in embraces and hide him from the world. Love was something wonderful and yet it can hurt. Damn it, it can hurt you deadly.

"How did you know dad was the right one?" Taemin asked again, and it took her a moment to think about it. This kind of questions wasn't easy to answer. She... no, the human race hasn't found the perfect answer yet.

"I think it was because when I'm with your dad, I was ... me. No pretending. No pressure. I didn't need to think about everything I'm gonna say or do. I was just myself."

Taemin felt his disappointment growing. He thought about his relationship with Minho. If his mother was right, Minho wasn't the right one. Every part of his parents' story told him, Minho wasn't the right one. Loving Minho was a mistake. A perfect mistake.

Taemin had woken up for almost half an hour and still, he laid there, staring at the ceiling, not moving an inch. The conversation he had with his mother was still bothering him. Thus, he was glad as his phone rang and distracted him.

"Onew hyung," Taemin answered under his breath as he left the room, so he wouldn't wake Minho up.

"Your mom just arrived in New York," Onew said. Taemin felt relieved that she got home safely. Yet, he missed her already.

"Thank you for informing me, hyung."

"No big deal." Onew replied.

"I'm hanging up." After a moment of awkward silence, Onew said.

"Wait, hyung," Taemin shout out, but he was too late. Onew sounded pissed. The older didn't make a secret of being unhappy about Taemin's choice. He was disappointed by Taemin for getting himself into a relationship with the gang leader. He was mad at Taemin for choosing to stay, even if it were only seven days. Taemin knew it all. Still, he fell for Minho.

Taemin turned around. As he was about to go back in, the door opened, and Minho was right in front of him.

"Oh sorry, did I wake you up?" Taemin apologized.

"Who are you talking to this early?" The older boy asked, and Taemin could clearly sense Minho's discontent.

"Onew hyung. He just wanted to tell me my mom arrived safely." Taemin answered honestly. He didn't see any problem with telling the truth. He had become to hate lying to Minho more and more.

"Kibum," Minho called and placed his right arm around Taemin's waist. Like a flash, he pulled Taemin closer. The younger was literally pressed against his own body.

"Don't leave the room to pick up the phone. Ever." Minho said. No, he demanded.

"Don't keep any secret from me. Got it?"

By that Taemin felt an icy cold running through this whole body.

"I got it," he mumbled. If Minho only knew. Their relationship is based on the biggest lie. Ever.

Minho kept staring at the younger boy as if he wanted to make sure Taemin meant what he said. If there was one thing Minho hated the most, then it's being lied to. Yet, who could take offense of that? After all, he was living in a world where a lie could cost you your life.

"Good," Minho finally reacted. Next thing Taemin knew was being picked up and throwing over Minho's shoulder.

"Ouch," Taemin screamed in advance as Minho let him fall on the bed. Not being in control of your balance is scary.

"In case of doubt, scream first." He thought.

But to his surprise. Minho had laid his left hand under Taemin head while his right arm was wrapped around the other boy's waist, preventing Taemin from a "hard landing".

"I want my breakfast," Minho whispered before nibbling on Taemin's earlobe.

Taemin had learned one thing about his boyfriend slash husband. Minho was one of those people who loved morning sex.

"The only breakfast I need is you," Minho constantly said every time Taemin nagged at him for not having breakfast.

"Bah, so cheesy," Taemin replied with laughter.

Yet, don't let yourself be fooled by Minho's daily behavior. The gang leader was indeed tough. He treated people roughly. But behind closed doors, he was a tender lover. You hadn't expected that? Neither did Taemin. That was what Taemin loved the most. He got to see this side of Minho no one had seen before. Did that make him someone special to the leader?

"Are you this tender to all the women you had before me?" Taemin asked.

"I treat you like nobody else," Minho wanted to say. Yet all that came out of his mouth was "Are you stupid?"

Taemin frowned and Minho instantly regretted his response.

"Kiss him before he says something," Minho told himself. Luckily his plan succeeded.

"I'll get my answer later," Taemin announced, gasped for air as Minho finally pulled away from the kiss.

For now, breakfast got priority. 

[A/N] Maybe you have seen the Kaisoo/Chanbaek Version of this story. But yeah, I'll just leave the link here. I'd be very happy to see you in both versions.
Thank you for every support, You know I love you.
PS: Since it was such a short chappie, here is a preview of the next chapter. *winks*

 *winks*