°24- Bad News...°

{Kaneki's POV}

It had been a week, and Y/n still hadn't woken up.
Me, F/n, Touka, Yoshimura and Nishiki were all so worried.

Today, we all decided to visit her again at the hospital.
F/n was feeling really down, I could tell by her expression.
We kept Y/n and us being a ghoul a secret, because she didn't want to know that at a time like this.

"F/n." I said, looking down at the h/c girl.
She looked up and nodded.
"It will be fine, it wasn't your fault." I said.
She sighed and nodded as we all walked into the hospital.

|Time skip|

After us all going to Y/n's room, we were still disappointed to see her still in a coma.
I sighed and sat down on a chair next to her and whispered, "Wake up soon, my love. I can't bear seeing you like this."

Nishiki walked over and patted my back as I burried my face into my hands.
"Please wake up..." I sobbed, tears spilling down my cheeks.
Touka came over and patted my head.
"Hey, Ken. She's gonna wake up soon." She reassured me.

We weren't sure when she was going to wake up, but we all hoped it was soon.
"She's a strong young lady, she'll get through it." Yoshimura stated.
"Hmm... What I don't understand is how did she end up in a coma after having a little fall?" F/n asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She must've been very shocked." Nishiki said, gazing over at Y/n, who was breathing through her mask that helped her exhale and inhale oxygen.
"Mmh..." I hummed, taking her cold hand in mine and stroking my thumb over it; before gently bringing it up to my lips and kissing it.

I placed her hand back down on the bed, and slowly took my hand away.
That's when the door to the room opened.
We all turned our heads to see who it was. To our surprise, it was the doctor.

"Doctor." We all said at the same time, bowing.
"Arigato." He said, writing something down.
"Why did you come here?" Yoshimura asked, standing in front of the doctor.
He bit his lip before saying,

"I've got some bad news..."

It was at that moment that everything and everyone in the room was silent.
I felt myself getting dizzy, as the silence grew more.
Everyone had shocked looks on their faces as they waited for the doctor to carry on.

I grabbed ahold of Y/n's hand as he continued, "She may not live for long."
Everyone, including me, gasped.
No... It can't end here.
My love, dying?
The one and only person I cherish?
The one who makes me smile?
The one who makes me feel loved?

"N-no... How?- why? No, she can't." I practically choked, tears falling down my cheeks as I gripped onto her hand tighter, hanging my head low.
F/n sobbed as clung onto Touka.
Touka had tears running down her cheeks as she patted F/n's back, trying to comfort her.

Yoshimura and Nishiki looked at eachother with upset looks on their faces.
"Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but that's the truth. When Y/n fell, she fell into a coma, and was struggling to breathe. We thought she just fell badly, but ever since her skin became cold and pale, and her lips turned blue, we had to run a few tests on her and..." The doctor trailed off, looking at the ground.

"A-and...?" Touka whispered, gazing over at the doctor with teary eyes.
"And we were told that... She won't have long to live, and she may loose her memories." The doctor finished off. "I must leave. I'm truly sorry." He said, hesitating, but opening the door and walking out, closing it behind him.

"Was it really that bad?" F/n sobbed, looking over at her best friend.

{Normal POV}

Kaneki sobbed and stared at his loved one.
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?

Why her?
Why did all the bad things have to happen to you?

Kaneki opened his grey orbs and whispered, "I promised I'd love and protect you... And that's exactly what I'm going to do. You won't die, Y/n... Not on my watch."
Kaneki leaned closer and kissed her cheek, coldness surrounding his warm lips.
"Please don't leave me..." Kaneki said, holding your hand tightly.

"I've lost enough people I love, and I can't loose you too."

"So... You won't leave me, will you, Y/n? Please don't... Please... Please... Please...."

Ooooo~ what will happen?