5 ; incident

It had now been a few hours since your shift had started, and it was ending just as fast. You really didn't have long left at all.

The sun had already set in Tokyo, the sky now filled with millions of sparkling stars, an overwhelming darkness surrounding them all. Streetlights were on outside, and the coffee shop lights were on so that all of you remaining were able to see.

"Who's locking up today?" You called out to everyone, causing them to halt their actions then stare at you.

Nishiki shrugged. "I don't know... But it won't be you, kid. You locked up yesterday, right?"

Looking over at the sandy-haired male behind the counter, you nodded your head. "Yeah, I did. I was just curious about who was doing it today."

The elder hummed softly before going back to his previous task, which was counting the money in the register.

Nishio and you had a brother and sister-type relationship. He was extremely overprotective of you, and often got worried about you (even know he would deny it). He played the role of an elder brother towards you, and you teased him just like a younger sister would do. In all honesty, you were thankful that he was apart of your life.

It was then a female walked into the main bit of the coffee shop, her purple hair hanging over one of her eyes, as usual. A short yawn escaped her pink lips as she stretched out her limbs before wandering over to you.

A snicker could be heard from behind the counter. "Already tired, Touka?"

The said female shot a murderous glare at Nishiki before grabbing a cloth.

"Fu** off, Nishio." She cursed, now helping you wipe down the tables.

"Thank you, Touka. You didn't have to help me." You said to the ghoul.

She looked at you for a few seconds before a small smile lit up her features. 

"It's okay, Y/n-Chan. I don't mine helping. Especially you."

Touka and you were best friends. Ever since Yoshimura has asked you to work for Anteiku, the two of you had formed an extremely close bond. Heck, the two of you were almost inseparable. She was slightly older than you, so she looked out for you all the time and protected you quite often. It sometimes felt as if Nishiki was your elder brother, and Touka was your elder sister.