439

With Me Here, The World Will Not Descend Into Chaos

The words extreme heat caused everyone to see a scene that seemed to have come from hell.

After the natural disaster, the extreme heat would give rise to an epidemic. The Emperor stared at Feng Yu Heng and asked her: “Is there any hope?”

Feng Yu Heng pulled her eyebrows tightly together and thought a bit before saying: “I already sent people to gather the corpses together in a distant location. In order to control the epidemic, the corpses must be cremated, and the living people must be observed. Any small wound on the body, if not treated properly, may end up becoming infected. The environment that the refugees are staying in must also be continuously sterilized. The bacteria must be quarantined, and the food that they eat must be clean. In the event of a fever or cold, it must be treated immediately for an immediate recovery. Under these sorts of conditions, a single sneeze could be disastrous. I…” She said a bunch of things in a single breath. When she finally stopped, however, she grabbed Xuan Tian Ming’s hand. She then looked at the Emperor with a resolute expression and said: “I will go outside the capital.”

“No good!” Xuan Tian Ming was the first to react. Turning his hand, he grabbed her small hand and said seriously: “Absolutely not.”

The Emperor also nodded, “There are some things that can be delegated. A-Heng, you should not go.”

Feng Yu Heng helplessly shook her head, “No good. Only I can save them. If I don’t go, the doctors that are sent out will not be able to help.”

She advised Xuan Tian Ming: “You must trust me. I have the ability to protect myself, and I definitely will not become infected by the epidemic.” Fearing that Xuan Tian Ming would not believe her, she immediately added: “I can give myself a shot. As long as I have that shot, I will not get sick.”

Xuan Tian Ming did not understand what it meant to get a shot, but when he thought about the times that Feng Yu Heng had saved others. Her expression and those weird tools allowed him to know that if this girl was so resolute, he knew that she could definitely protect herself. Thus he nodded and said: “That’s fine. This prince will go with you.”

These words caused the Emperor to become irritated, as he slapped the table and loudly said: “No!”

Zhang Yuan also advised from the side: “Your Highness, please think carefully!”

Perhaps the Emperor could accept Feng Yu Heng going out of the city, but he absolutely could not accept Xuan Tian Ming going out. He could not allow his son to suffer even the slightest, thus he waved his hand and made his decision very resolute. “We shall not give any leeway on this matter!”

Xuan Tian Ming stared at the Emperor and did not speak for a long time. Just as Feng Yu Heng felt that this atmosphere was too awkward, she wanted to advise Xuan Tian Ming to give up on going outside the city. At this time, Xuan Tian Ming suddenly spoke up, saying to the Emperor: “I finally understand why imperial concubine mother does not wish to see you.”

These words completely killed any momentum that the Emperor had. His hand remained in the state of being waved, remaining frozen in midair. The anger on his face did not disappear. Instead, it exuded traces of sadness. It was as though he had returned to a time many years ago, back to a time when he had lived freely on a mountain with his beloved Yun. That girl diving for butterflies could cause him to laugh for a long time. When fishing, she fell into the water, and he laughed until tears appeared in his eyes. But later on, a plague spread, and a large number of people died in the tribe. The palace sent people to pick him up, forcing him to return to the capital. He gritted his teeth and brought imperial concubine Yun away from the tribe that had raised her. This ended up saving her life; however, there was no way to control the epidemic. In the end, the entire tribe was lost in the long river of history. He hid this from his beloved imperial concubine Yun for a few years until the situation was revealed. Imperial concubine Yun then locked herself in Winter Moon Palace, never meeting him again.