520

Finally Arriving in Xiao Zhou

As for the other nine corpses, they were found ten li ahead. The same thing was repeated for them, as graves were dug, a plaque was inserted, and they bowed.

When Xuan Tian Ming’s group set out once more, Feng Yu Heng faced the wind, and tears began to trickle out.

Xuan Tian Ming rode alongside her and reached out to wipe her tears, loudly saying: “Don’t cry! Just remember this hatred. People who oppose me will definitely be repaid!”

Another day and night passed, as they passed by another town. The horses had once again been bought out. Xuan Tian Ming was about to laugh out of anger. Sitting at a tea shop on the side of the road, he ate and said: “I believed that they had some ability. They’re just slowing down our speed.”

Feng Yu Heng’s expression was dark. After she finished eating, she began to clean her bow. The bow was not the Hou Yi bow that she had kept inside her space. It was the bow that Xuan Tian Ming had given her at the military camp. It had a good toughness and a moderate weight.

Zi Rui being kidnapped was something that had caused a knot in her heart. It was so painful that she could not breathe at times. All of her movements when cleaning the bow were unconscious. The final scene that these hidden guards saw before dying replayed before her eyes again and again. Although she did not personally see it, she understood the tracking arrow all too well. She knew that aside from the pain of dying, the horror and despair from the tracking arrow were the worst. These people with amazing qinggong abilities were still unable to get away from these tracking arrows that grew closer and closer. She was able to feel the same way because she had also received similar psychological training when she was learning about the tracking arrow.

Feng Yu Heng stared at the horses that were eating. Some of the horseshoes were falling off, and some of the horses hooves had become torn, but they did not have any other horses that they could switch to. They could only grit their teeth and continue on the backs of these horses until they collapsed and could no longer continue. She just hated that she did not know about this transmigration thing; otherwise, she would have placed an off-road vehicle inside her pharmacy.

Unfortunately, how could there be so many “if only” situations! She poured some more tea for Xuan Tian Ming and gently sighed. She quietly said: “I keep feeling that this situation is not so simple. Why would Qian Zhou kidnap Zi Rui? Is it to deal with me? To delay the production of steel weapons? But steel production is progressing without me being there. Even without me, Da Shun is currently able to produce steel forever.”

Xuan Tian Ming furrowed his brow and said: “National enmity is one matter, and a more personal hatred is another. Ru Jia’s debt and the debt of those other people from Qian Zhou, they have resolved themselves to settle it with us. It’s just that the enemy has such a clear grasp on Zi Rui’s movements, and they were able to get rid of all of the horses along the way so cleanly. It should not be something that just one group can accomplish. They must have help somewhere.”

She thought a bit and said: “Feng Jin Yuan has hidden guards from Qian Zhou at his side, but there should not be many. Looking at it now, there must be quite a few people from Qian Zhou hiding inside Da Shun’s borders.”

Xuan Tian Ming coldly snorted and said: “It’s also possible that they are not people from Qian Zhou. After all, Da Shun has been quite strict with its protection of the border for the past 100 years. It’s not easy for them to sneak into the country.”

“Hm?” She was stunned and immediately reacted, “You mean to say… the North? It’s the Duan Mu family?”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded and was about to continue explaining. At this time, he saw a group of fast horses suddenly appeared on the main road from the North. The horses rushed toward them, their hooves kicking up a cloud of dust behind them. The sound caused the birds in the forest to fly away.