592

Present You the World and Marry You

There were some spies that had been sent toward Song Zhou City to inquire about the situation that had come to report. After receiving the corpse of his eldest son, Duan Mu An Guo became infuriated and filled with grief, resolving to have 100 people accompany Duan Mu Cong in his grave. Starting from dawn two days earlier, he began to kill people, one each day. After they were killed, they were hung up outside the city, allowing for the corpse to dry naturally with the wind. The people being killed were being selected from the families of the officials that had gone to celebrate his birthday. The ones being killed first were those that had tried to escape.

The deputy general reported this news to Xuan Tian Ming, and the citizens nearest could also hear. They began to spread this news, and everything that Duan Mu An Guo had done had circulated around to everyone.

These people were all original citizens of the North. The Duan Mu family had controlled the North for over 100 years. Previously, under his constant attacks and flowered words, all kinds of vile acts were successfully downplayed or even covered up. But with the current situation, once the truth was exposed, there was zero tolerance from the people in the city.

The people were extremely emotional. Xuan Tian Ming brought Bai Ze and Ban Zou to do their best to try and calm the people. At the same time, they used this to further the negative image of Duan Mu An Guo. Feng Yu Heng supported the granny that had finished eating the noodles and said to her: “Don’t worry. We will go home with you to see how things at home are going.”

The citizens were dispersed by Xuan Tian Ming, and the fat boss refused to accept their money no matter what was said. In the end, Ban Zou still forcefully handed him a handful of shattered silver.

Along the way, Feng Yu Heng said to Xuan Tian Ming: “Back then, I made use of Fu Ya’s identity to enter the Illusory Hall, entering the Winter Palace through there; however, this ended up implicating Fu Ya’s family. If possible, that couple must be found and saved.”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded.

She added: “Also the girls in the Illusory Hall. Not all of them entered the Winter Palace for the sake of power and nobility. Some were forced by their families, and some did it because of the environment that they grew up in, leaving them with no other choices.”

Xuan Tian Ming said: “A person’s servile mindset is not one that exists from birth. It is something that is a result of one’s environment and teachings. There are many people that need to be saved, including the prefect of Guan Zhou, Zhao Tian Qi. There are also the officials that had gone to celebrate Duan Mu An Guo’s birthday. Even if they are guilty, they should be tried using Da Shun’s laws. They should not lose their lives in this manner.

The old granny’s home was in the North of the city. Along the way, Bai Ze hired a carriage, allowing them to arrive at their destination very quickly.

The old granny said: “Although the family is poor, there are still a few rooms. Originally, when my son got married, I was planning to sell a couple rooms. That way, they would have some money to start a small business. Who knew… Hah.” She helplessly sighed before a cloudy look appeared in her eyes. The look on her face made her look even older.

The carriage driver followed the old granny’s directions and stopped in front of a gate. Feng Yu Heng personally helped the granny out of the carriage, but before she could stand steadily, the sound of a commotion came from inside the yard, as curses filled the air.

The granny’s hands trembled, subconsciously calling out: “Zhu’er!”

Feng Yu Heng followed her gaze and saw a middle-aged man standing in the gate to the courtyard. Pointing at a woman inside, he began to curse: “You vile hearted woman! For the sake of bringing your family in, you forcefully chased out my mother. Is this family yours or mine?”