While going into the Xiang Palace, Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng saw no shortage of people with looks of fear and horror. Everyone guessed at the reason that they had come to visit. After Duan Mu Qing invited the two into a hall and two servants came forward with tea, they finally heard Feng Yu Heng say: “Yesterday, deputy leader came to visit and mentioned the matter of his Highness Prince Xiang wishing to marry the Feng family’s daughter of a concubine, Feng Chen Yu, and take her in as a secondary princess. Father and grandmother attached great importance to this and especially sent this county princess to bring the engagement note of the future secondary princess to the Xiang Palace.”

Only then did they understand, oh, so they had come to send an engagement note.

A servant went forward and received the engagement note. They then heard Feng Yu Heng continue: “Also, since this is the official exchanging of engagement notes for her to become the secondary princess, and although she will not become the head wife, she will be formally and officially wed, I wonder when the Xiang Palace will be sending its betrothal gifts?”

Duan Mu Qing squinted his eyes and looked at Feng Yu Heng. He then looked to the side at Xuan Tian Ming, who was calmly drinking tea. Remembering how the two had worked together to scam Qian Zhou of ten million taels of gold, he asked with some vigilance: “I wonder what sort of requests the Feng family has for the betrothal gift?”

Feng Yu Heng giggled, “This is not the first time that his Highness the third prince was getting married. He should be rather familiar with these rules, right! The one getting married from the Feng family is the daughter of a concubine. Everything just needs to be done according to the rules.”

Duan Mu Qing let out a slight sigh of relief, nodding, “Don’t worry. The Xiang Palace’s betrothal gift will be prepared today.”

“Un.” Feng Yu Heng also nodded then moved on to the next reason for her visit, “Where is third brother? This county princess brought a gift to come and see him. I wonder if it’s possible to see him?”

“Hah!” Xuan Tian Ming, who had remained silent the entire time finally spoke, “What sort of thing are you asking. You are his younger sister, and you are the county princess of Ji An. Moreover, isn’t this prince here too? If you want to see him, just go directly. What are you wasting your breath asking a lowly fourth ranked official for?” Saying this, he stood up and pulled Feng Yu Heng’s small hand while walking out.

Duan Mu Qing quickly stood up and said: “Please wait!”

Xuan Tian Ming’s eyes lit up, “Duan Mu Qing, do you want to die or do you not want to live? In front of this prince, when has there been a right for you to speak?”

Duan Mu Qing was a tyrant when in the North, but when he came to a place like the capital where powerful officials gathered, it really was as Xuan Tian Ming said. He was nothing more than a lowly fourth ranked official. But no matter how lowly an official, he was still the deputy leader of that special administrative area. Practically everyone had to give him some face.

Unfortunately, Xuan Tian Ming was not among that group.

Duan Mu Qing also understood. The strong position that he dared to show in front of the standard first rank official, Feng Jin Yuan, was something that he had absolutely no right to show in front of the ninth prince.

He realized this point and quickly shut his mouth. He also stopped in his tracks and watched, as the two walked toward the inner courtyard.

Duan Mu Qing felt that something seemed to be off. After thinking a bit, he asked a servant at his side: “What was the servant at county princess Ji An’s side pushing?”