Truth Serum (Loki x Male Reader)

"Looooooki~," you cooed. "Loki Loki, Loki," Low-key," you repeated multiple times. You had your arm slung around his shoulder as he supported you walking. The two of you went to a bar as a way to hang out after meeting at SHIELD and you had a little too much to drink while Loki wasn't affected at all. After all, Midgardian alcohol to him was pretty weak. "Lokiiii, did I ever tell you?" you slurred. "You're so fucking handsome..." Loki only chuckled in response, watching your drunken state almost like a hawk.

"I've never heard you tell me that," Loki confessed, continuing to support you as you walked. He may have not been drunk but his chest felt like it was on fire, passion surging through him like a closed circuit. Loki then gave a smirk as he had an idea and picked you up bridal style, earning a surprised yelp from you and pulling you close to his face. "But do tell me more," he said. If you were always like this in your drunken state, he might as well drink in the affection and honesty that your slurred words held.

"Mm, you're crazy smart, gentle, kind," you snuggled up to Loki, he hoped you couldn't hear his racing heart. "A little closed off sometimes..." you added. You looked up at him as you caught him off guard. "You should be less afraid of showing your emotions, Loki," you whined. "I know it's hard for us being men but c'mon! A little crying never hurt anybody, it's a natural healthy response," you loll your head onto Loki's chest as you grew dizzy. "I can tell you need it," your eyes grew heavy and you looked at him, half lidded. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

Loki stopped for a moment in surprise and blinked a few times, almost dropping you but decided against it. You didn't do anything wrong, after all, you're drunk. But he was appalled at the fact you'd been holding this back from him. Perhaps you were too afraid to be in tune with your emotions as well. Hypocrite.

"Tell me how much you love me," Loki asks quietly as he started walking again, hoping that you hadn't dozed off.

"Mm, more than however many stars are in the universe," you mumbled against his chest. Oh now you were for sure going to hear his heart. He felt relieved when he saw your apartment and carried you up the stairs, opening the door and placing you gently onto your bed. Loki used his magic to change your clothes into pyjamas and tucked you in, sitting on the side of the bed as he pondered whether or not he should join you. Loki muttered 'fuck it' to himself and climbed in after magically changing into his own silk pyjamas. He wrapped his arms around your sleeping form, pulling you close to his cool body as he fell asleep with a laugh bubbling up in his throat. Needless to say, he was happy. And he wanted to show it.

You woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and feeling the lighting from the window was too bright. You then noticed a pair of cold arms wrapped around you and you looked over to see Loki sleeping peacefully. Your heart pounded loudly in your ears, amplified by the hangover, as you realised your crush was sleeping in the same bed as you. You attempted to get out but Loki pulled you in closer and gave a content sigh.

"Shit, I need to get out," you thought to yourself. "I'm gonna lose my mind at this point if he pulls me any closer." You bit your lip and felt Loki pull you even closer, his hips resting against yours as if he heard your thoughts. You immediately broke out of Loki's hold in a panic and raced to the bathroom, shutting the door quickly as Loki woke up and sat up in the bed, giving a wolfish grin. You splashed cold water in your face, trying to calm yourself down and wake yourself up. After that you sheepishly crack the door open and peer at Loki, who's currently stretching in the bed. You shut the door and open it fully this time, walking out into the bedroom.

"Ok, I need to ask," you started. "We didn't like. Sleep together right?" You emphasised the sleep, hinting it to have a different connotation.

"You were drunk, of course we didn't. I may be a former villain but I'm not stupid enough to take advantage of you," Loki replied, his face scrunching up at the thought. "No matter how much you begged for it," Loki then said, his voice going low and sultry. Your face turned tomato red and Loki let out a laugh.

"I'm joking! You're so adorable," Loki chuckled. "But," Loki then started. "You did say some things last night that made me think you had other feelings towards me. One's that weren't exactly considered professional in all the months we've been working together."

"I know you're trying to be subtle about this but," you sighed. "Okay, look. I may be... attracted to you."

"You're attracted to men?" Loki asked.

"I've grown up on a don't ask, don't tell background but since you asked. Yeah, I'm gay." Loki leaned back on the bed in interest.

"From what you told me last night, it sounded like you were in love with me, not just attracted," Loki said. The way the word love rolled off his tongue made your mouth go dry and you looked down in embarrassment. He noticed your embarrassment and pressed further. "You said your love for me was more than however many stars there are in the universe," he quoted. "And I'd say that's, a lot of love you hold for me." Your hangover was definitely not helping out right now. You hold your head in one hand as you looked at him.

"Can we talk about this later? My head is fucking killing me," you asked. It really was.

"How about this. I make it go away but you have to give me something for it," Loki suggested.

"What," you said flatly. Loki stood up from the bed and grabbed your chin in a smooth, fluid motion. Your eyes meet his and you realised he's only inches from your face. Your chin is held up by Loki's two fingers curled under, pulling you up.

"A kiss," Loki purred. "And I'll make the pain go away." You scoffed for a moment before your eyes darted down to his lips and back to his eyes. They looked hungry. You silently submit and he closed the gap between you, capturing your lips with his. You feel your hangover leave you immediately and you shut your eyes, taking in the kiss as much as possible. He tasted like lemongrass and mint. You... probably didn't taste that good to him right now. Alcohol in the morning doesn't sound like the best thing in the world. Loki broke the kiss and his hand slipped away from your chin, a mischievous smirk on his face. "All better, no?"

You clear your throat and mumble a thank you, your face quickly flushing red from what just happened. After a quick moment of silence, you grabbed Loki's face and kissed him in a burst of confidence and he's taken aback with how forward you are but submits to the kiss, his lips molding against yours like they belonged there. He let out a content sigh into the kiss, the two of you staying like that until your lungs were screaming for oxygen and pulling back, face redder than ever.

"I uh," you started. "I've wanted to do that for a while." Loki gave you a satisfied smirk and tapped you on the nose.

"I figured. Just needed a... little push was all," Loki smiled. The two of you stay quiet for a moment, looking at each other with pent up affection before Loki spoke again. "So I have to ask. Would you like to go on a date then when we aren't tasked with saving the world from whatever threat there is?"

You smiled and took his hand into his.

"How about we go out on a breakfast date?" you suggested. Loki gave a tight squeeze and your heart skipped a beat, his smile absolutely beaming towards you, emerald eyes full of love.

"Sounds like a date then."

-END-