Speed Dating? Definitely Not. (AoA Loki x Male Reader) Pt 1

Your friend was babbling about who knew what again and you rolled your eyes at every remark he made.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Brant whined.

"Not if there's only women there, I can't meet guys if there's only girls to speed date with," you replied. "In other words, it's stupid."

"Just try it, once you do it, I'll never force you again, promise," he said. "I swear." He placed his hand over his heart. You quirked a brow at him and chuckled.

"Alright, man, I'll hold you up to that," you said, giving a wink before entering the bar. You looked around, scanning the area where your heart dropped. Everyone sitting at the tables was women and the men were going around. "This is dumb..." you muttered to yourself before walking to an empty chair as someone walked off. You sat down in front of a red and violet haired girl, sporting a lot of tattoos on her arms. "Uh, hi."

"This your first time speed dating?"

"Yeah, I'm (y/n), I'm not exactly sure what to do so if I mess anything up, sorry."

"Huh, that's the first truth someone's told me in this bar. I'm Verity, nice to meet you."

"Yeah, nice to meet you too," you said, giving an awkward smile.

"So (y/n), why are you speed dating?" Verity asked.

"Friend of mine forced me to, thing is," you put a hand behind your neck. "Uh."

"You don't have to say anything, we just met after all."

"Thanks." You then look around at all the guys. "Is it just me or all the guys creeps here?" Verity then laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, I've noticed that with a few people. I even met some cosplay guy!"

"Wow, really?"

"Yeah, he just left."

"He looked like a 40 year old man to me."

"You don't believe me?"

"Kinda! From the world we live in with the Avengers and what not, you probably have some kind of power I don't know of." She gave a chuckle in response and nodded.

"Yeah, but I won't tell you though. Don't know you enough." She leaned back in her chair.

"Sounds fair. Anyway I think my times up, if that's how it works, right?"

"Yeah, wait though," Verity said, grabbing your hand and writing down a phone number. "Call me if you want to hang out, you're pretty cool." You gave her a smile and waved as you walked off to the next table. You approached the table where a woman promptly said "Hey there, handsome." You quickly yelled out a nope and quickly left the bar. You could hear Verity laughing as you ran.

You didn't see where you were going and crashed into a man wearing an incredible amount of green.

"Agh! Sorry," you said as you landed on your bum. You looked up to see the person Verity was probably talking about before. "Cosplay dude?" you asked. You stood up and got a better look at him. He had somewhat long black hair and piercing green eyes. He was standing next to a woman with red hair and seemed to be glaring at you.

"Do I know you?" the man asked.

"No, uh, I just talked to a girl who said you were cosplaying and I originally didn't believe her."

"Oh, you spoke to Verity?" the man smiled, the woman was tugging on his arm. "I have to go, good bye running man!" He ran off with the woman and you awkwardly waved goodbye.

Damn, he was cute.