Mutual (Loki x Nonbinary Reader)

This wasn't really the first time you had to go through this. Every time, in order to spur away at least some awkward conversation that may arise over time, you would come out to the person you were dating. It wasn't a big deal to you exactly. To you it seemed like you were setting boundaries on the spot, hoping to start the relationship off well.

Sometimes your date didn't react well though. A comment would be thrown here and there about how those pronouns didn't make sense or why you didn't look like a certain way if you were nonbinary. Talk about killing the mood.

But here you were, coming out to your date, again. This person was different though. The way his wavy raven hair fell around his shoulders, half lidded green eyes as a smirk was plastered on his face. He was wearing a black suit and tie for the occasion. You were dressed formally as well, he requested it after all. You were hoping at this point he wouldn't be disappointed.

You recalled the past couple of days. How you managed to meet him in the first place and him then asking you out to a fancy restaurant of all places. Either he was rich or wanted to show off but you said yes anyway. Walking the streets of New York is an interesting experience. After all, you were the one who helped this man after he was harassed and beaten.

"Thank you for your kindness, but it's unnecessary," the man said, as you helped him up. He was covered in cuts and bruises, his lip split from being beaten up.

"Well, if you didn't need my help, you wouldn't have taken my hand," you smirked. He opened his mouth to say something and then chuckled.

"I suppose you're right on that," he gave you a smile before walking off. You couldn't help but notice that his lip wasn't split anymore and blinked for a moment. Did he heal that quickly? He wasn't one of those super heroes, was he? You stood and pondered for a moment before going off on your day. It was to your surprise that you saw something written on your hand.

"What the-" It was a phone number. How that got there in the first place was something you had been thinking about for a while, even now. Under that phone number read: "Thank you - L" Thus started the week of you sitting on your bed, wondering whether or not you'd call this number. You met this man on the street. Beaten up to be exact. So why exactly was he so adamant on you calling him? And why did you want to call him so badly? You finally called him after thinking about it for a couple of days, sighing as you dialled on the keypad.

And here you were. Sitting in front of him on a goddamn date. You scolded yourself internally. You never met this man before, he could have been a serial killer or one of those supervillains that kept popping up on the news. You cleared your throat as you felt his gaze on you and took a sip of the champagne he ordered earlier.

"So what exactly is your name?" you asked. Ever since you entered the restaurant with him, people kept giving him glares. There was something you were missing but you couldn't place what it exactly was. He straightened his back as he went to answer.

"Loki," he replied. The air around the entire restaurant went cold and the ambience fell silent. You then remembered the news from a few years ago. A man named Loki and what he did in Germany and New York. You weren't in New York at the time. But the news was all over the world, covering what the Avengers did and specifically what happened to New York.

"You're... Loki?" you asked. "As in the guy who-"

"Tried to take over New York and the entire world yes but that's because I was being manipulated," Loki explained.

"Uh...huh." It's not that you didn't believe him. Just the fact that you did in fact have a literal (former?) supervillain sitting in front of you made your palms sweat and heart race. "You're uh not gonna try to take over the world again, are you?"