Chapter 6

/~~~ Hiccup’s P.O.V ~~~/

This day was just getting weirder and weirder. First Toothless and I get sucked through a portal to a strange land where we find another Night Fury, and now that same Night Fury has lead us to this clearing and is offering me something to eat.

When we had landed she had run off into the woods, leaving Toothless and I alone near the two caves. I couldn’t shake the oddest feeling that we were being watch, before I could think further of this she returned with a strange pink-ish green fruit in her mouth. Unfortunately, I recognized it. It was the same fruit I had seen in my dreams. That’s right the fruit that had had a foreboding feeling, yet it also seemed to draw me to it. Well to put it plainly, there was no way I was going to eat it.

The dragon nudged the fruit towards me and licked her lips. I raised my eyebrows a look that I hoped she could understand meant ‘no way’

Obviously she didn’t as she continued to push the fruit towards me. Toothless nodded from the fruit to me as well. I looked at him in astonishment; surely he couldn’t think I would actually eat this, this piece danger practically.

“No bud” I said stepping back. He gave me a skeptical look before conversing quickly with the other Night Fury. “Hey you two, is there like – I dunno anyone I could talk to that is human?” I asked trying to but into their conversation. Toothless turned and tilted his head looking me up and down before pouncing and holding my arms down. “What the-“ I began before a small piece of the fruit was stuffed in my mouth. I tried to spit it out but the female night fury covered my mouth and nose with her paws, forcing me to swallow it. I gagged, despite the sweetness of the fruit it was all slimy.

The female removed her paws and I gasped for air coughing as my throat contracted. My vision was blurry but was slowly becoming clearer, it also seemed my senses had been heightened; I could also tell that I had been right, someone was watching us. Dragons. Dragon upon the hundreds and they all seemed to be watching and waiting for something to happen. I shook my head and stood up blinking a few times at how bright and vibrant things seemed to have become. 

"What?" I asked looking at Toothless. 

"So, how do you feel?" He asked. I did a double take and looked back at Toothless. Had he just spoken to me? 

"Umm... bud is there something you want to tell me?" I asked. 

"No." He said shaking his head and smiling at me.

"You can speak my language." I exclaimed. 

"On the contrary," Said the female Night Fury who had been watching intently, "it is you who has developed our tongue." 

"Excuse me?" I said in astonishment. But I immediately realised she was right; when the dragons spoke I could hear a distinct warbling growl behind the words. "But how?" I asked glancing from Toothless to the other Night Fury. 

"The dragon fruit," the Night Fury said. "It allows you to speak Draognese, but don't eat too much, the more you eat the more dragon-like you become." 

"Oh Gods," I said running my hands through my hair "This shouldn't be possible!" 

"Hiccup calm down." Toothless warbled. 

"Calm down?" I breathed out shakily, "How can you expect me to calm down!?" 

Before Toothless could reply a low growl echoed throughout the clearing. An ancient and powerful feeling emanated from it. I took a step back and glanced nervously at Toothless who seemed to be on edge as he stepped in front of me. 

"Bow when he comes out." Toothless growled out of the corner of his mouth. 

I decided not to ask who 'he' was because I was sure that it wasn't something nice. I peered into the depths of the cave on the right but even with my new enhanced sight I could only see a few meters in, the rest was shrouded in darkness. It stayed in darkness while a huge black figure slowly emerged from it. It was a dragon all right, one of the most majestic dragons I had every seen. He had the purest black scales that seemed to be so shiny that you could see your reflection in them. Around me dragons began to emerge from the trees walking into the sunlit clearing and bowing before the terrible black dragon. Remembering Toothless's advice I also bowed bending low not daring to look up at the dragon. 

"Rise." He said simply surveying everyone around him. 

Then he caught sight of me and his lips lifted up in a snarl. 

"I thought I sensed a human come through the portal," he growled walking slowly over to the two Night Furys and I. 

"Please my lord, we meant no harm, I had no idea we were coming through the portal." Toothless tried to explain but stopped talking at the glare the black dragon shot at him. 

"That is no excuse, he must be sent back immediately." The black dragon said. I could hardly see how this was fare, so I protested. 

"Hang on a second, I'm not leaving until I get some answers," I demanded. 

"I did not give you permission to talk." He said flowing past us and addressing a Slitherfang, "I want you to take the boy to the portal and send him back to… wherever he came from." The dragon said ‘wherever’ like it was something dead he had found in the woods.

"But sir-" Toothless began in distress. 

"Father!" The female Night Fury roared. Yep she said Father. 

"Feera?" He asked look down his snout at her. 

"Scorch cannot fly without him." I blinked a few times when she called him Scorch; I would have to ask her about it later. Feera walked to Toothless's rear end and picked up his tail in her mouth. "See" 

"That is no excuse, the boy has to go." The black dragon said turning from us and walking back into his cave. I felt the wind pick up around me and turned to see Feera glaring after her father. 

"Feera," Toothless warned. Wait… was it Feera who was controlling the wind….

The black dragon ignored the wind and continued back to his cave. The Slitherfang he had addressed had now come forward with a few other dragons, one picked me up in his claws and began to fly up into the air, it was a slow process as the dragon was quite small and didn't have much flight power. Below us I watched as Feera morphed, her head became slimmer, her limbs elongated and her tail, which was now much longer, lashed up towards me. It wrapped around my waist and pulled me to the ground. What I was now looking at was an identical version of the Black Dragon, only smaller and more feminine. 

Her eyes darted in a circle around the black dragon and a circle of fire appeared preventing him from making it to his cave. He hissed and backed away as far as he could from the fire. 

"Now, now" said a more pleasant voice and a pure white dragon emerged from the cave on the right. "Can we not talk about this like civil Dragons?" 

While nice warmth emanated from the female dragon who had just revealed herself. I was somehow more fearful of her than I was of the Black Dragon. And something told me the best thing to do would be to run out of there as fast as hell. But, of course, we didn’t.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry I haven't update for ages! But I was extremly busy with the conclusion of my trilogy and the starting of the second series! please got check it out:D

So i hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Thank you for 1k reads <3<3

So tell me, what do you think of Feera's powers?