Chapter 2

Hiccup's P.O.V

Toothless hit a tree and slid to the ground, me still in the saddle. I jumped off and went checking over him to make sure he wasn't hurt anywhere, there was a tear in his tail fin, but that wasn't so bad, I could fix that. Toothless shifted slightly and opened his eyes, I was surprised to find that his pupils were slits, unlike their normal roundness. 

"Hey bud, what was that?" I asked reaching out to touch his head, he jerked backwards growling. He got to his feet as I looked at him in astonishment. I tried to step forward but was met with another growl. 

"Hiccup!" I heard someone scream from behind me. I turned to see Astrid running throught the trees towards me. 

"Astrid?" I said in confusion. She ran right up to me and screeched to a halt, I steadied her putting my hands on her arms. 

"Somethings happened to Stormfly after you dropped me, she just went crazy!"

"I know, that's what happened to Toothless, he just-" I turned around to point at him, he was looking at us, his eyes still black slits. Seeing Toothless crouch low, bearing his teeth I yelled "duck!" And dragged Astrid down with me. Toothless soared over our heads and turned to attack again but stopped in confusion and shook his head. Astrid raised her axe ready for the next attack but I pushed her arm down. 

"Hiccup-" 

"Shhhh." I whispered letting go of her and getting up slowly to go to Toothless. This time he didn't object when I stretched my heand out, his head touched it and he hummed deeply. "Good bud." I whispered patting him and wondering what on earth had happened. A few minutes later Stormfly came crashign through the woods in distress and didn't calm down until she was sure Astrid was ok. The fact that I'd had that creepy dream again this morning and Toothless had also freaked out seemed quite off but I brushed the thought aside. I left Stormfly and Astrid and went to look at Toothless's tail, the tear was big and a crossed from oneside of the tail to the otehr, a tear like that meant we wouldn't be able to fly back. 

"Looks like i'll have to walk back." I said holding up the busted tail as Toothless, Stormfly and Astrid turned to me. 

"I'll walk back with you." 

"You know you don't have to." I muttered getting up and brushing myself down. 

"I know," she said shrugging. 

I smiled before heading off in the general direction of the village. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope everyone like this chapter (even though it's short!) 

Please vote and comment:D

See ya dragons! 

Love 

ToothlessLover777