Prologue

/~~~ Scorch (you know him as Toothless) ~~~/ 

"You have all been selected for specific reasons, speed, stamina, inteligence." 

Everyone was silent as the solem black dragon walked before us. 

"Like countless before you, you are sent into the world of man to help and protect. It is a great honour." 

I puffed my chest out to make myself seem taller as I surveyed the other dragons around me. There were the common ones, Nadders, Zipplebacks, Nightmares, and then the not so common ones, Nightshades, Slitherfangs, Stormcutters. I was surprised, and parhaps a little disappionted to find that, as far as I could see, out of the hundereds of dragons that had been summoned this decade, there was only one Night Fury, me.

While I had been looking at the other dragons, the Black dragon had reached my space in the crowd.I bent my head respectfully at him as he peered down his black snout. 

"You are the only Night Fury?" He questioned raising his scaley black eyebrow. 

"Y...Yes sir." I stamered bending yet lower. 

"Disappionting." He murmered. 

"What my partner means to say," said a silky voice as a pearl white dragon landed softly, sending a wave of flowered sent through the crowd. There were muttered noises of excitement, it was unusual for the Summer dragon to be out while Winter was at his strongest. "Is that you are very privileged to be going on this journey." She smiled warmly down at me before continuing on with Winter. 

"As I was saying, it is a great honour. However, this journey will not be fun and games, it will be tedious and it will be dangerous. Are you prepared?" 

His question was answered by a series of yes's. 

"Then let the ceremony begin." He said turning away from the crowd and walking up to the stone platform. Summer followed him, her steps more graceful. 

One by one the different breed groups were called up and roared for by families and friends. Finally after what seemed like forever I was called up. I walked up alone my head held high, not meeting the eyes of my fellow dragons. There were mutters of distaste in the crowd when they realised I was the only Night Fury going. 

I stood before Winter and bowed splaying my wings to the side, he thumped his foot on the rocky surface of the stone before dragging one claw across it. I moved on to Summer who smiled and touched her nose to the top of my head as I bowed. I turned around to the crowd of dragons who were going and those who were staying, and bowed. I jerked up as I heard a lone Night Fury call, I looked up and around to see who it was. As if the sun had shone on her I saw Feera, her head turned to the sky roaring, I couldn't help smiling at my friend as other Night Fury roars accompanied her. Probably my family. 

I shot a plasma blast into the sky before gliding off the stone platform as the roaring ended. Being the last dragon to be called up I was the first in line, so I got a clear veiw of what was going on. I watched as Winter and Summer, White and Black, bent their heads towards each other and touched forheads lightly. Before us the air rippled and sparked as though something wasn't quite right. 

"Go, Go, Go!" Roared dragons from the sidelines, I looked around questioningly but was shoved forward by the dragon behind me. I stumbled forward and was sucked into a void of darkness. 

I was confused, which way was up, which was down? Why was I cold, yet warm? I gasped as I slammed into the warm ground. My mind was blank, were was I, who was I? I lay there dizzy before looking up to see hundreds of confused dragons around me. I got unsteadily to my feet and looked around. I came face to face with a terryfying beast. 

It's scales were greyish blue and red spikes lined it's neck. It was huge, one of the biggest dragons I had ever seen. Behind me I heard dragons take off with hurried wing beats. The beast before us didn't seem to care. I stood frozen in place as the dragon opened it's maw and said "I've been waiting." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is the start if my new story:D 

I will update soon but I'm kinda busy with my other stories and school. 

I hope everyone likes this!

Love 

ToothlessLover777