Chapter 1

6 Years Later

/~~~ Hiccup's P.O.V ~~~/

I shivered as I looked around the beautiful lanscape. Rolling green hills, imense green forrests, a blue sky that seemed to stretch on forever. Walking over to the nearest clump of trees I noticed colourful dots in their branches, fruit. Something was drawing me towards the vibrant fruit. Looking closer I noticed that they had different designs on them, intricate markings. I smiled as I walked further and further into the forrest, something was enticing me further, I knew I should stop... but I kept going. 

"Hiccupppp." whispered a soft voice, I turned and came face to face with a prickly green tree. It's 'branches', which were also prickly, held light pink fruit with green flaps. I reached out to take the fruit, my fingers grasped the fist sized fruit-

"Hiccup?!" 

"What?" I shouted, shooting up in bed and looking around. I was shaking from the dream, it was pleasent, yet dangerous.  

"You're late for training" Astrid complained. 

"Urghhh I forgot." I groaned shoving the covers off and reaching down to put my one boot on. 

"Yeah, I think we all would like to sleep in, but no, we get up early for your training only to find that our instructer isn't there?" Astrid said shrugging her hands. 

"Sorry, it won't happen again." I murmered standing up and stretching. Astrid stood by the door waiting. 

"Yep, that's what you said the last few times." She said laughing as she walked down the stairs. I held my stretch for a few second until I was sure she had got to the bottem of them. I sighed out and dragged my hadn over my face. I shivered jerking my shoulders a bit. Damn dream. 

"Are you coming?" Astrid called up. 

"Yeah" I called as I jogged down the stairs and met Toothless and Astrid by the door. I rubbed his head and coed. I heard Astrid snort as I played lovingly with the dragon. 

"Oh hurry up will you?" She grinned punching me in the shoulder, I winced rubbing it. She kissed my cheek before running up Stormfly's wing and settling into the saddle. I smiled blushing slightly as she raised her eybrows at me. "Well?" 

"Sorry, sorry." I muttered still smiling like an idiot I grasped Toothless's saddle and pulled myself up. After quickly checking the tail fin, I sunk close to the saddle and peered just above Toothless's head as he jumped into the air roaring in delight. I whooped as Toothless dived down before soaring up and over Berk. Stormfly and Astrid were probably far below us so I took the chance to enjoy the fresh morning air. 

"Thor's Hammer!" I cursed as Toothless rolled to the side avoiding a fire blast from a certain Deadly Nadder, who was hot on our tail. Well Toothless's tail. "Disappear" I whispered as we ducked another fire blast. 

Toothless knew exactly what I meant, sometimes I wondered whether he could understand me... no, that's impossible. Anyway, Toothless turned and shot three plasma blasts at a very surprised Nadder and Viking before soaring up into the cloud cover above us. From below it would be near impossible to see us. 

"How about giving her a little surprise, huh bud?" Toothless warbled a laugh before dropping like a rock. We emerged from the clouds right above Astrid's head as she spun around looking for me. 

"Hiccup? Hiccup?" She shouted worriedly. I couldn't help but laugh slightly. Toothless opened his wings and sailed silently down getting closer to Stormfly. Suddenly he grabbed Astrid's shoulders in his claws and beat his wings rappidly in the direction of the accademy. 

I laughed as she screamed in fury, yelling at me to put her down. Out of nowhere Toothless bucked and dropped Astrid. 

"Toothless!" I shouted trying to steady him with my hand, he roared and shook it off. He kept bucking and throwing himslef around untill my prosthetic leg came away from the pedal. I shouted at him to stop and help Astrid, but he wasn't the dragon I knew, he was.... wild. 

With one final buck I was flung out of the saddle. It's time like these that you wish you had wings. I fell down shouting for Toothless who was above me struggling to fly without my control over his tail. I couldn't see Astrid, or Stormfly. Hopefully Stormfly had got her. Looking down at the rappidly approaching ground I knew I wouldn't survive the fall.

"Toothless! Please!" I said turning my head up, he was closer than I expected and he wasn't struggling anymore, he was diving down to help me. Pulling up beside me he turned so that I could grab the saddle, I grasped it and slid my legs into the straps activating the tail and spreading it out. 

Toothless had to much acceleration and we didn't pull up in time, we hit the trees and Toothless attempted to swerve in and out of them, finally crashing to the ground and sliding before coming to a stop. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter:D 

Like in my other books, I will be doign Q and A so feel free to ask questions. 

Stay tuned to find out what happens next. 

c ya 

Love 

ToothlessLover777