Chapter 56

Pic of Zayn from my concert in Tampa, ugh so beautiful it hurts..

Zayns POV

Tonight will be New Years Eve. Ella and I have plans, romantic or sexual, I'd like to believe both. And while I'm extremely happy that I'll be spending this years close with her, I can't get my mind off the plans set ahead.

This morning I met Jamie at the local coffee shop, while Ella attended her lectures back on campus. We discussed our idea, running through every step by step to make sure it goes completely to plan. Jamie has always been a good friend of mine, and the only person outside of this business I've sunken into that I can trust with confidentialities such as this.

His appearance helps too. After all, not many would be suspicious of a man dressed from head to toe in designer suits and bare skin, free of tattoos. Although, it is surprising when he speaks, because he simply rambles on and on, with a thick English accent, straight out of Bradford.

I chose him as my best friend. And now I'm choosing him as my literal partner in crime.

"So, your boss has no idea you're doing this?" He asks, straightening his tie. Two cups of hot tea sit between us, and I glance around nervously in case I recognize any undercover men that maniac has watching me.

"Nope. It has to be this way. Or else it'll be me and Ella, and it's pretty clear Id rather put myself on the line than her."

"When did this happen to you?" He asks, smirking slightly.

"When did what happen?"

"When did you fall in love with her?"

"How do you know I'm in love with her?" I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Well, it's clear in the way your face lights up the minute you say her name. Or the plain fact that you'd rather die than let this man come with an inch of her. But hey, that's none of my business." He smiles, sipping his tea. "You honestly don't think it's very noticeable? I see it, he sees it, she knows it, everyone with fucking eyes c-"

"Alright, shut the hell up Jamie." I groan, rubbing my temples softly. His rambling gets to me constantly, and I always ask myself why I'm still his friend in the first place. "I'd say it happened before she ever admitted she loved me. I was just keeping it to myself, wishing it'd go away and that she would never feel the same."

"That's deep shit."

"Tell me about it. This is weird."

"And she loves you I assume?"

"Unfortunately." I sigh, throwing back the rest of my tea, letting it burn my throat. "After this, she's never going to speak to me again. Usually I'd be okay with that, but I did the one thing I wasn't supposed to."

"That's if she makes it out alive lad."

"Thank you Jamie, for that reminder."

--

I decide to attend a few of my lectures after meeting up with Jamie, because fuck it. Why not?

Although, it's strange to be back in my chair that I haven't sat in, in what feels like months. Alexandria Henson hops right back on my dick like nothing ever happened, as if I never left.

"Zayn, hi. Haven't seen you in forever." The corner of her lip curls into a devious smirk, and she twirls a strand of blonde hair around her finger. Ironically, she reminds me a lot of what Ella would look like as a blonde.

Solidifying the fact that she would never look good blonde.

"Alexandria." I nod politely, but face the front of the hall. She stands, and takes a seat in the chair behind me, immediately running her hand through my hair.

"Where have you been?" She purrs, making every single part of my cringe inside. If we weren't in class, I'd consider twisting her fucking her arm just to make her stop touching me.

But I'm stuck, forced to put up with it.

"I was seeing some family in America."

Lies.

"You don't even have family in America."

"I'm sorry, do you know me?" I turn in my chair, pushing her hand off. "Do you really think you know my family, where I'm from, or where my family lives?"

I'm aware it wasn't necessary to be so defensive, but she's smart enough for a blonde to take a hint.

"Sorry, I just missed you."

Never fucking mind.

She runs her finger over the leather fabric resting on my shoulder, and I grab it forcefully.

"I have a girlfriend. Could you stop being a slut for two seconds?" I push her hand away harshly once again, this time earning a chain of swears thrown my way.

"Yeah keep going, just don't touch me."

--

"Hey Zayn." I hear a groggy, deep voice call my name, and I turn to see Eric jogging to catch up with me.

"What do you want?" It's weird for him to approach me so casually, especially after my last encounter with him. So close to exposing me, yet he knew fucking better than to do that.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. You know, with these next two weeks being pretty stressful and all."

I glance at him, and see a subtle smirk resting on his face and I want to slap it off immensely. As per usual, snow continues to fall all around us, landing in my hair and on my jacket. He was smart enough to wear some sort of hat, but not a very thick jacket.

Dumb ass.

"I see you're happy about this?" I stop in my tracks, putting my hands in my jacket pockets.

"I am."

"Really? Considering she's your best friend and all."

"I wouldn't say that much. I can act Malik. Unlike you, I can act." He scoffs, still smiling like the ignorant bastard he is.

"Oh, so you're not in love with her?" I squint at him, watching him shift uncomfortably in the snow. "Because last time we spoke, you tried taking her away from me. Not to mention, I spoke to-"

"I know you spoke to him. And I assume he told you enough."

"Enough to put some pieces together, sure."

"Look, she's my best friend," I cut him off when I start laughing, mocking his lies not only to me but himself. "I've known her my whole life."

"Then why? And how in the fucking hell am I the one who actually cares more about her?"

Wind blows through my hair, making me squint at him and he holds his hat over his head. People rush by, trying to escape the snow, but stare at us as we act like it doesn't even bother us.

"I've been doing this for years Malik, before you even knew me when you met Ella. We all have secrets-"

"This just happens to be yours." I mumble, frowning at the icy snow beneath my boots.

"Exactly.

I HAVE A HARRY STYLES FANFIC PLEASE CHECK IT OUT IF YOURE READING THIS :) ITS NOT THE TYPICAL DARK BIPOLAR PUNK HARRY EITHER SO THATS A CHANGE xD