Chapter 17

He never got any appreciation from his Master, not even now when he had the right to one phone call and instead of calling his lawyer, he'd called him.

"You're an idiot, I've always said it," Adam said, his voice was a mixture of weariness and anger, but there was a kind of satisfaction to some extent as well.

"I've told you everything, William White is in Rome with some woman called Sofia, they're connected with a golden bond and apparently they're staying in a hotel near the Spanish Steps as Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs. That should be enough for you to find them. It stands to reason that White is on his way to rescue Victor, so deal with it as soon as possible. There's also this thing with Victor's chick... I got more out of that girl's head than you could have wished for!" Ferdinand said with his shield still down and Adam could read his energy easily.

When Ferdinand began to add something, Adam stopped him. He didn't need to hear his words to know what he was thinking... "No, I'm not gonna call your father. It won't do you any harm to sit there for a while because you're such a fuck-up. Why is the girl still alive?! You were supposed to kill her! Instead, you were satisfying your piggish desires. You make me sick, Ferdinand." Adam yawned with boredom then hung up without warning.

Ferdinand was still yelling at the tone until the prison guard quickly dragged him back to his cell.

The Master of the Umbra Club did call Ferdinand's father in the end, but not to ask for bail for his subordinate. On the contrary, Adam called to remind Mr. Franz senior that the car that the drugs were found in belonged to him although driven by Ferdinand. Adam mentioned he'd 'hate' to have to tell the police everything he knew. Then he cheekily suggested Mr. Franz senior prepare the family's plane, Adam was planning an imminent flight to Rome.

However, before he did that, he decided to take advantage of Ferdinand's search once more and get in touch with a particular person. One of the most capable Lux agents was running about under the Italian lady's nose and Adam had to make sure that this agent wouldn't get in his way on Adam's D-day. He had planned his revenge in fine detail, so much so that his victims were already determined...