- Chapter 54 -

- • -

As you walked out of the restroom after a quite long time just looking through your phone, you discreetly headed your way back to meet up with Jungkook again. But soon, you stopped your tracks and hid yourself as you noticed Jungkook and his mother, who were both focused on their emotional discussion and giving each other a warm hug.

'I guess I'll just be on my way then, huh?' You thought as you let out an endearing smile upon looking at them.

As you were leaving, you decided to send Jungkook's mom a text.

To: Jungkook's mom

I'll be on my way then, Mrs. Jeon ^_^
I have more things to do and finish sadly, but have a nice day as always :)

-

While the mother and son were having an emotional moment, they both heard a notification ringtone coming from Mrs.Jeon's phone.

"Just for a second," She pardoned as she took out her phone and saw a notification.

She unlocked her phone screen and found a message then started to read it. After a few seconds, she temporarily raised her brows as she finished reading the message coming from you.

"What is it?" Jungkook questioned, curious from his mother's reaction.

"Oh, it's nothing serious. Your 'friend' told me that she already left since she has other things to take care of," She answered as she had that teasing coy look on her face.

"Wait, what? How did you-"

"Mother knows best~ Let's go, dear!" She interrupted as she locked her arm with her son's and dragged him along out of the coffee shop.

-

Mrs.Jeon and Jungkook were having a mother and son bonding time. Well, that was Mrs.Jeon's plan but, at first, it was a little awkward and a bit uncomfortable, but she will not let that atmosphere remain.

"Yah, have you ever tried street food before?" She asked when she noticed a street with a lot of food stalls and carts then looked at her son, waiting for his reply.

"No, I haven't..." He replied quietly.

"What's wrong with you? You were crying like a baby an hour ago and now you're acting like a teen on that certain phase," She nagged in a not very serious way, acting quite disappointed.

"Yah, I don't act like any of those things," Jungkook quickly defended, feeling quite embarrassed.

"Sure..." His mother replied in an obviously unconvinced tone.

"Alright, fine. I'll go," Jungkook hesitantly gave in after a while.

With that, his mother quickly pulled him with her towards the area with an excited grin like a happy little girl bringing her parents to show a toy she wants.

They started to buy almost all kinds of Korean street food. Tteokbokki, fried chicken, pajeon, and so forth. While they eat, they had fun talks about anything or even something dumb and random as they were seated at the crowded eating area.

"I like this better," Jungkook said as he held out a stick with a fishcake stuck on it.

"That's Odeng(fishcake skewers). It is indeed delicious," She told him as she let out a laugh of adoration from his cute clueless expression.

"Odeng..." He stated as he looked at it after taking a bit and chewing.

"Well, it seems like it's time to bring you home now," She mentioned as she looked at her watch.

"You're not coming home?" He questioned, a little saddened.

"Sadly, I don't feel like I'm ready to face your father or anyone there yet. Don't worry, I have someplace that I can stay at here," She said as she kept up her optimistic aura.

"I see..." He muttered as he had a glum look on his face but quickly let out a small smile.

-

After they finished eating, they took Jungkook's ride on the way home. When they finally arrived, he got out of the car while his mother still remained.

"You sure you're fine on your way home, mom?" He questioned her as he kept the door of the car opened.

"Of course I do, don't worry. I'll just tell your driver the directions," She replied in a fine manner without any doubt.

"But before I leave..." She added as Jungkook waited for her continuation.

"Could you do a small favor for me?" She asked as she took out a small sealed envelope and held it out to him.

"What's this for?" He questioned while taking the enveloped and stared at it, puzzled.

"This is...a letter given to me by my dear friend which is dedicated for your brother," She answered.

Jungkook was quite surprised and knowing that he's still wondering about, she added:

"She's...not around anymore. So, I hope you'll understand..." She stated, looking at her son with a sweet smile.

Jungkook somehow finally understood what she said and nodded in agreement. He then closed the door of the car and turned to enter through the gates.

"I love you, dear!"

He slightly turned to see his mom shouting with the car window slid down and waving him goodbye.

After that, the car started to leave. While the view of the car is getting smaller and smaller, he kept staring at it, as the car slowly went out of his sight.

"I love you too, mom..."

- • -