Chapter 33

The start of Spring was both exciting and bittersweet. The end was just around the corner. By now, everyone has learned that you would be moving to the States for college. Namjoon remained with a smile on his face, but you knew he was sad. The only for you to do was to keep being by his side and giving him all the love.

The sun blazed down on skin, making the sweat glimmer. It was like slow motion every time he would jump and make a shot. The ball would land in the hoop every time. And when that happens, you would jump and cheer for him. Everyone did, but he only looked at you. The annual school festival was happening and it was currently the sports section. The class was challenged to a basketball game with another senior class. Being the captain of his team, Jungkook enlisted Namjoon and Yoongi to fill up the spot and they were currently winning.

"You know, they're too perfect." Seokjin commented. "They gotta be bad at something."

"Hm," Tzuyu pondered. "Jungkook is bad at long-term goals. He's really impatient."

"Yoongi hyung is bad at staying awake and refraining himself from holding someone's hand." Hoseok added, The group nodded and agreed.

"What about Namjoon hyung?" Jimin asked.

"Let's see." you thought. "I can give you a list. He's bad at cooking, bad at saying goodbye, bad at hiding his excitement, bad at giving himself credit for his hard work."

"Yeah, he's really bad at that last one." Hoseok nodded. "He's too humble for his own good."

"Well, back to my point." Seokjin said. "God is fair. Except with me of course, I'm good at everything."

"Except at asking people out." Taehyung smirked. Seokjin's face became red as he argued his brother.

"Yah, I'm great at it. What you do mean?"

"Hyung, you've never even had a partner because you're too shy to make a move. It's no different with Yoongi." Taehyung continued.

"That's true." added Hoseok. "Yoongi hyung is also really reserved. So watching the two of you is like watching two awkward children." Everyone laughed and Seokjin was not having it. He stood up from his seat and faced everyone.

"I can ask him out. In fact, I'll do it right now. I'll be like 'hey Yoongi, wanna go on a date with me-"

"Yeah, sure." answered a voice. When Seokjin spun around, he fell on his butt. It was already half time and the boys came over to rest up ad chat. Yoongi happened to overheard Seokjin at the right moment. Seokjin, eyes widened, was still on the floor. A tomato mess and speechless. The rest of the group tried not to laugh loudly. Yoongi held his hand out to Seokjin and pulled him up. The force was too great and their bodies collided for a second. Yoongi seemed cool with the whole ordeal, maybe even thrilled. "Are you free tonight then?"

Seokjin stuttered. "Um, I-I don't know, I t-think I have t-things to d-do."

"Things?" Yoongi repeated.

"He's lying." Taehyung chimed in. "He's gonna sit in front of the computer and practice rapping to your song."

"I will dump your Gucci perfume down the toilet." Seokjin said through his teeth. Then he turned back to Yoongi and looked down. "Yes, I'm free tonight." he admitted quietly. Yoongi grinned with his gummy smile and leaned into Seokjin's ear.

"I'll pick you up at 7." Then he ran back towards the court. Namjoon could only look at you. You mouthed "fighting" and he winked at you. Seokjin sat defeatedly but also excitedly next to you, separating you and Tzuyu. He seemed to be in deep thought.

"What's up, worldwide handsome?" you asked. The game had started again, and Yoongi seemed extra motivated. The aura changed.

"Is keeping a secret hard?" he asked in return. It shook you a bit, you weren't expecting this question and he had never been a person who was unsure of himself or anything.

"To be honest, yes. Like just then, when he came towards me, all I wanted to do was kiss him. But I think it teaches us about being patience and treasuring every moment we share together."

"I see." he nodded.

You placed a hand around his shoulder. "At the end of the day, he cares for you and that's all that matters."

"I don't even know if he likes me or not. I mean, aside from us, no one knows he's gay. I don't want to cause any trouble for him." Yoongi hadn't even come out to his fans publicly. It wasn't part of the contract, but social pressure was rough on him. It must be hard to see fans shipping him with female idols.

"Seokjin, do you like him?" you asked.

He scoffed a little and then nodded slowly. "Of course I do. I even think he's more handsome than me at times, especially when he's on stage performing."

"Then it'll be okay. I know he feels the same way as you. I mean, usually he would go home and sleep, but he wants to take you out. So please don't worry about it."

"How are you feeling?" Seokjin suddenly asked.

"Can't you see it for yourself?" you asked in returned. Your eyes turned to Namjoon. Watching him dribble the ball and running breathlessly across the courtyard. Even if he had been an ordinary person, he still shines brightly like no other. "I don't think I've ever been happier. We spend as much time together as possible. Even if we can't go out on traditional dates, it never hindered our relationship. Every Monday is studying night and every Friday is movie night. He's always over at the house, even just to take naps together." you chuckled. "He's just a big koala bear that needs a lot of human interactions."

"No." Hoseok said. "Not just any human. Only you, Y/N."

You smiled. "Yes, only me." The game ended with your class winning. Jungkook hugged Tzuyu tightly and you gave Namjoon a handshake, it became an inside joke for you two. Seokjin walked together with Yoongi off somewhere and you knew they'd be alright together. When the crowd died down a little bit, Namjoon grabbed your hand and started running for his car.

"What are you in a hurry for, Joonie?" you asked.

"I wanna go home and take a nap." he yelled excitedly. Idol or not, he was the same optimistic boy you love. You looked down at your intertwined hands, you'll miss that feeling. You'll miss the scent of him. You'll miss the feeling of his cheeks in your hands. You'll embrace it all in the moment.

"Yah, you stink. No nap until you take a shower."

"Okay!" he yelled back with the same enthusiasm. You pray to keep that smile on his face.