Chapter 24

The music was loud as the vibration pounded the walls and tables. The venue, a ballroom on the top floor of a hotel, was decorated to mirror Greek architecture. White pillars and fake goddess statues sprung throughout the dance floor. There were small circular tables with white tablecloths and floral centerpieces in the middle. A small photo booth was in the corner. The purple and blue lights moved around above the ceiling, shining on white curtains. Almost all of the entire senior class was there, bodies moving on the dance floor or sitting at the tables and talking.

Once the group entered the ballroom, girls immediately ran up to catch a glimpse of Cypher and the perfect four. They pushed you and the girls out of the way as they took picture. The boys grew nervous because they don't love the attention, but they kept smiling to appease everyone. "RM, I love you." some cheered. Then everyone else began yelling out things.

"Hoseok, please dance with me!"

"No, he's gonna dance with me!" someone else yelled back. Soon an argument exploded. The group took that opportunity to escape the madness. Hoseok joined Lisa again by her side and assured her that she would be the only one he dance with tonight. The couples then disperse, some going to dance, some going to the photo booth. Jungkook was at the food table, stuffing his mouth even after the big dinner. Namjoon held your hand and took you to a bench under a window, overlooking the city. "You really need to stop staring at me." you laughed.

"If I look away for a second, someone will sweep you away." he said over the music.

"In case you haven't noticed, the girls here are all wanting to murder me so they can have a dance with you."

"Then I guess I'll die with you."

"Don't say that."

"It's true though. I'd go anywhere with you, Galaxy."

"Then go with me to the dance floor." you said, grabbing his hand and pulling him with you. They were playing EXO. Dancing was never Namjoon's thing, he did it because the company asked him to. But dancing with you was different, he didn't need to put on some persona, he was able to do whatever he wanted to. And he did, some weird body rolls and the robots. It all made you laugh and you joined him. For a moment, it was just you two on the dance floor, being completely truthful to who you both are.

Someone tapped on the microphone and the feedback echoed the room. The music has stopped and the rest of the group gathered once again. The principal stood on the stage in her black gown, she looked like a sparkling crow. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, you all look very lovely tonight. I would like to invite our royalties up on stage before the voting begins."

Your body froze out of fear. Out of the corner of your eye, standing strategically under a spotlight was So Min. She gave you a face that said she was more deserving of this than you. You wanted to fight it because it wasn't true, you're a far better princess and person than she'll ever be. But her threats aren't to be taken lightly. Each step towards the stage felt like miles and once you finally got on, your body was numb. Namjoon stood on the other side and gave you a cheeky smile.

"Do any of you have something to say before the voting starts?" the principal asked. No one said anything at first but then you slowly raised your hand. The other royalties gave you a strange look, Namjoon narrowed in on you with his eyes and Jennie was ready for the battle. Below on the dance floor, So Min smiled victoriously. The principal gestured for you to step in front of the microphone. There was applause from the students.

"Um, hello everyone, this is Y/N." you spoke softly.

"We know." someone from the crowd yelled, it made everyone else laugh, but you couldn't.

"Before the voting begins, I just have a few words. First off, I am really thankful for being nominated and I got to live out my fairytale dream of being a princess for a few days. But," you took a deep breath and continued. "That dream needs to stop tonight. A princess should be someone who exemplifies the student body, someone well-known and well loved, someone outgoing and good at speaking. And that person isn't me. Aside from the girls on stage here, there's someone else more deserving of the crown than me. And that person is So Min"

Everyone gasped. Namjoon clenched his jaws out of anger that you would say those things about yourself and anger that you didn't tell him beforehand. The crown didn't matter to him, your happiness does. You took a step back as So Min headed towards the center, already doing her pageant wave. You avoided eye contact with everyone else as you walked down back to the dance floor.

"I guess I'm your new princess." So Min announced into the microphone, only a few in the crowd clapped.

"Hold it, you airhead." Jennie announced. She marched up the stairs to where So Min was standing. "You're no princess, you're not even human."

"What are you talking about, loser?" So Min asked in anger, she was not happy that her moment to shine was stolen by someone else.

"Yes, I am a loser, but at least I didn't make threats in order to get the princess title. You threatened to hurt Tzuyu if Y/N didn't give do what you wanted." Jennie snapped. So Min's eyes widened and her breathing was irregular. Down on the dance floor, you were sweating. Namjoon's eyes frantically searched for you. Jennie held up her phone. "That wasn't the only thing you did. You stole tests from teachers to cheat on test, you sell cigarettes to underclassmen, you get your followers to hurt people who stand in your way. You're disgusting."

"Jennie, what are you doing?" So Min asked quietly, she was on the verge of breaking.

"I'm doing exactly what you said. Fighting you with my daddy's money. It wasn't that hard to collect evidence." she laughed. Jennie handed her phone to the principal, who frowned with every piece of evidence. She gestured for the guards to escort So Min out, who was still fighting and screaming even after she was out of the room.

"Wow, that was quite a scene." the principal said into the microphone. "In any case, Y/N will still be a princess and you may all begin to vote now." Everyone clapped and you sighed out of relief. But it was too soon. Someone was dragging you out of the ballroom.