Chapter 4

I remained standing as they spoke. The idea of sitting down around all these people who were so much stronger than I was made me nervous. Lili took a seat next to Jason and we began going over our options.

"The Supreme wanted us all together so that we can take down Giovanna. The war with the humans is essentially over. I think it's time that we finally face her," Daisy Lynn said.

"This is what we have been training for," Dziko agreed.

"First we have to figure out how to find her. We need to do that before she finds us," Jason said.

"We have to assume she knows where we are. Given the fact that she has a telepath on her side in combination with her magical abilities, we have to assume that," Lili said.

"She also has a tracker now too. My boyfr-ummm, Hunter. He's was captured along with Timothy and Salali. All he needs to do is see you just once, and only for a moment. After that he can track you down from any corner of the world." Daisy Lynn offered.

Jason nodded.

"Hunter's abilities are not to be underestimated. We don't know the full scope of Giovanna's abilities but its probably a safe bet to say that if she's capturing people then she's forcing them to do her will. I know that Leona has the ability to give commands in people's minds, but she can't do it with large groups of people. I'd guess only a maximum of three people at a time," Jason said. He knew a lot about Unknowns and their abilities, especially the Court.

"And Giovanna can make us see things that aren't really there," I said. It was a scary combination those two.

"How do we beat those abilities?" Ken asked.

"Together we can handle Giovanna. I believe that. I believe in us," Daisy Lynn said.

"It's going to take more than just believing to take her down," Jason said bluntly.

"We need more information. Which means we surveillance," Lili said.

They all looked at each other.

"Giovanna is almost guaranteed to come after us simply for that fact that Daisy Lynn was hand picked by the Supreme. We just don't know when," Ayanna said.

"Right. But we need to know more. Is she after anything else? What's her ultimate goal? We don't have an understanding of the full scope of her abilities," Lili said.

"If we're doing a reconnaissance mission then I'm in. Out of everyone here I'm the best option," I said.

"True. But we can't let you go it alone. With Leona lurking around, I should tag along just in case," Jason said.

My eyes met Lili's. I nodded at her.

"I am immune to whatever tricks Giovanna has up her sleeve. And I am resistant to telepathy," she offered.

Jason mulled it over.

"Okay, Celeste, Lili and I" he said.

I noticed Daisy Lynn frowning in her seat. She twiddled her thumbs, but kept to herself. Ayana reached over and put a hand on hers.

"Maybe Daisy Lynn and I should go too," Ayana said after they had a quiet exchange.

Jason was shaking his head before she even finished.

"It's already three of us. Any more and it'll jeopardize the mission. Besides, Hunter has been captured and for all intents and purposes we should assume Giovanna is forcing him to do her will - if he is still alive. That means he'll be keeping tabs on you all and will see you coming from a thousand miles away," Jason said.