The Sequel is up!

Book 6: Duality has now been published and has been linked. It will follow the same pattern with Augustus returning as the narrators, however Giovanna will be featured heavily in this book as well.

Book 6 is the penultimate book. For book 7 I intend on rotating through all 3 of the main characters (Daisy Lynn, Celeste and Augustus). Given that Daisy Lynn has been separated from Celeste and Augustus, it may end up working out that Daisy Lynn has a few chapters in Book 6 to lead into this rotation, BUT I cannot say for sure at this time. I would really like for it to work this way, but sometimes writing just turns out different than you expect.

I know my decision to rotate protagonists may have felt odd and jarring. After rereading Animorphs a few years ago, I really wanted a character that showed how much I loved that series. And I also enjoyed how Animorphs at its core, was a war story told through the different perspectives of the characters. I wanted to do that with this series. Daisy Lynn for me is a character who is about growth and change. Celeste is someone who's survival instinct pushes her to become increasingly ruthless which can be a great asset and liability. Augustus is someone who takes charges and cares deeply for others, but I wanted to try to capture the nuance between him and Daisy Lynn on where they draw the line in the sand. With this next book, I wanted to explore Giovanna's perspective because I love shades of grey. Her role is inspired by magneto.

I really appreciate anyone who has kept up with this story, despite the long breaks in between. It really means a lot to me and it's encouraging to see people vote and comment. I would love to hear your favorite characters and moments so far! I started writing this series when I was 18, right before I left for undergrad. It's now been 8 years in the making and may be 9 or 10 by the time I finish lol. But again, thank you so much for reading and I hope you all will enjoy sticking it out to the end!