Eleven

Josiah in the media

Toya
I was sitting at this diner close to campus waiting on Mila. I sighed as I thought about how she wins again. I knew Carter was too good to be true. Him and King both have kids with my cousin. I just wonder where her first kid is. From what I've mapped out, Mila was messing with King and Carter at the same time. But she was so sure that it was King's baby. Where is King? None of this is making sense.

I was so distracted by my thoughts I didn't notice she was sitting in front of me fiddling her fingers.

"Thanks for meeting with me Toya. I've missed you."

"You said it was something important to talk to me about." I stated cutting straight to the chase. I really don't need the sweet girl act. She was anything but sweet when she announced her pregnancy to the school.

"Well, you know when I got pregnant King and I left to go to the Army.." her eyes started to water as she looked down wiping her cheeks.

"At first everything was great."

Girl I do not want to hear all of this.

"Mila I really don't want to hear-.."

"Please.. just let me finish." I rolled my eyes as she took a deep breath.

"Everything was great. Until he started to miss you.  He changed. Like a switch went off. First he was just verbally abusive. But then he got physical." She started to sob.

I'm not a heartless bitch, it hurt to see a cousin I once considered a sister break down this way. But I can't help but think how I was sobbing just like her, and all she did was laugh in my face.

"He beat me until my baby was gone LaToya. He killed our baby." She looked at me with bloodshot eyes for my reaction.

All I could do was stare in shock.  King was always a sweetheart to me. Never struck me as the type to lay his hands on a female. I never thought in a million years he could kill someone. His own flesh in blood. King was a monster.  Maybe I dodged a bullet. Mila didn't deserve all of what happened to her at all.

"I just can't believe he took my baby from me like that." She sniffled. I took her hand in mine.

"You didn't deserve that at all Mila. I'm so sorry all of this happened to you." Was all I could muster up to say. I was still in shock with all the news.

"Now from how bad he beat me, I'm having a high risk pregnancy." She stated.

"By Carter..." I stated more than a question. She nodded her head.

"Yea, how'd you know?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Look Mila I gotta go. I wish you luck on your pregnancy."

"Wait Toy. I want you to be in her life. I want us to get back to how we were."

"I don't think-..."

"No please Toya. I know I was wrong in the past but I truly have changed. I just want things to be how they were."

"I gotta go Mila." With that I walked out.

Mila
I smirked wiping my eyes with the napkin.

"Bitch" I mumbled as I watched her walk out of the restaurant. 

Me: wyd?

I sent to Carter.  He's playing hard to get right now, but I know he'll come around.  Yea I know all about him and Toya from a source I have. That bitch can't trust everyone she hangs around. Carter is mine and will always be mine. I just hope this baby is his and not punk ass King's.