Nine

Toya in the media

Carter
Mila...

By this time all the boys left. It was just me and her. I looked into her eyes and saw the honey brown eyes I used to adore. That face that I fell in love with. Those small freckles on her cheek that I use to get lost in. And that smile...

But that all changed when she did.  That smile, has another side to it. A malicious side that only thinks for the benefit of Mila. Those eyes were deceitful. And she knew just how to look at you to get what she wants, and leave. Those first woman and only woman I actually saw a future with besides Toya. And she fucked me over. Mila Kareese Thompson. The reason my heart is ice.

"I missed you so much baby." She stood on her tip toes wrapping her arms around her neck. I noticed 5 suitcases behind her.

I pushed her off of me. She stumbled back with a confused look.

"What you want Mila?" I looked her in her eyes. "Why you here?"

"I was discharged. I enrolled here at Hilltop to be with you. Aren't you happy?" She looked at me with excitement.

I can't believe this bitch.

"So you really just gone come to my fucking door and act like ain't shit happen?" I raised my voice. A couple of doors down the hall started to open. Nosey asses.

"Carter. I know we didn't leave on the best terms but-..."

"The best terms? You got pregnant with another niggas seed! Then you ran off with his ass to the army! Then tried to fuck my brother before you left! Now you show up tryna' make shit right? Fuck you!" This bitch got some nerve.

"Carter... I wasn't thinking straight. You know I was on that stuff. Please. Let's give each other another chance."

"Bitch I don't need another chance." I stated closing the door. She stopped it with her foot.

"Carter you act heartless to everyone else but I know the real you. I know you still love me just as much as I love you."

I chuckled at how serious she was. She really believed the words that were coming out of her mouth. I shook my head.

"You KNEW me. Bye Mila."

"WAIT" she stopped the door with her foot again.

"I'm pregnant."

Toya
"You like them girl?" I asked my client as she spread her fingers inspecting her nails. She gave me a big smile.

"Toya I love them. You always good to me."

"Anytime girl. Have fun at your event."

"I will girl. Shake a little ass or whatever. I'll hit you up when it's time for my fill in" She left the money on my desk while walking out.

Ding

I smiled at the thought of Carter texting me. Sadly, it wasn't him. Some unknown number.

(222)437-5689: Hey LaToya. I just transferred here. Where you at? Let's talk.

Who the fuck is this?

Me: uh who is this?

"Girl you will not believe the shit this nigga tried to pull last night." Rayven walked in sitting at my desk.

"What happened?" I said locking my phone.

"Well first of all put your money up. We don't know her like that." Ray stuffed the money in my dresser. I laughed at her antics. But it was true.