Four

Carter Stevens in media

Toya
"Ok your turn... Kobe or LeBron?" He asked peeling another shrimp. We were currently on our date and playing 21 questions.  He took me to a seafood restaurant  and we were currently devouring this huge seafood boil together.

"LeBron." He cocked his head at me. I laughed at the expression on his face.

"Baby, Kobe is a legend. Don't disrespect him like that." I giggled as the waitress placed my lemonade in front of me.

"Can I get the lovely couple anything else?" Even though we aren't a couple. She has been complimenting us all night so we decided not to correct her.

"No thank you."

She grinned and walked away to tend to other tables.

"Okay okay... Biggie or Tupac?"

"Biggie all day." I grinned.

"Same here.  Biggie was speaking that truth."

"Fasho.. fasho. Aight, Michael or Prince?"

"Uhh.. this is a hard one for me.  I love them both but Prince. He was so musically talented. Michael was too, but Prince played so many different instruments. He's just amazing." He shook his head.

"Man Michael changed so many people's lives.  Prince was on that weird shit." He said making a stank face.  I giggled at his response.  I cleared my throat and began locking eyes with him. 

"Why did you ask me on this date?" I inquired. I watched as his mood shifted into a more serious tone.  And without breaking eye contact, he began.

"Not on no corny shit, but I haven't stopped thinking about you since I laid eyes on you in the cafe that day.  Not gone lie I always said I would never cuff a girl from Hilltop, but I don't know. You seem real different from the rest.  From our conversations I can tell you have a good head on your shoulders, you know what you want out of life, you're independent, loyal and beautiful as hell.  Which is all I want and need out of a woman.  So I would like to continue getting to know you and see where this goes." I was honestly at a loss for words.  I did not expect that response at all from him.  But of course it made the butterflies reappear in my stomach.  He always found a way to either make me laugh, nervous or wet. 

Either way I was enjoying this date to the fullest. I nodded my head as I proceeded with cracking my crab leg. 

"When was the last time you were in a relationship?" All of a sudden my heart started to pick up as I thought about my last and first heartbreak. Malik King Austin. Better known as King. Also the boy who broke my heart into a million pieces. I was madly in love with him. I trusted him with everything me. And I would have done anything for him without any questions asked. That was until he got my cousin pregnant our senior year of high school. I found the night of prom, in front of my entire school. My own flesh in blood was just too happy that she finally got "one up" on me. And announced her pregnancy on stage.  It tore me up inside. Just knowing two of the closest people to me, betrayed me and lied to my face repeatedly.

"Hello?" He said wiggling a shrimp in front of my eyes. I giggled at the expression on his face.

"Oh um yea. I haven't been in a relationship since freshmen year."

"Judging by how long it took you to answer, I take it things didn't end well?" He stared deep into my eyes.    I could tell he actually cared and noticed that my mood changed.

"That is true but. That's a story for another day."

"Agreed." He nodded.

"What's your favorite position?" I shocked myself by asking.  I am normally not this bold but he had a aura about him that made you feel comfortable.  And shit girl I just needed to know.