Chapter 33: A letter, a safe house and more...

ابدأ من البداية

"Alright then, let's leave so that he doesn't feel frightened when he wakes up." I told everyone. I left the door open for it, so that it could go and explore the house if it wanted to.

Then everybody dispersed and went back to doing what they were doing. Bard went back outside to tend to the flowers, his favourite activity. Auberon and Rudyard went outside to clean the carriage from the long ride yesterday, Edna stayed close behind me so that she would be there if I needed anything. While I went to the next room in order to write a letter to the owner of the old guest house on the harbourside, telling them that I was interested in buying the property.

I settled into the chair next to the desk and wrote the letter. I offered the owners two gold coins for the property, way above the asking price, because I wanted them to sell it to me quickly so that I could establish the women's shelter as soon as possible.

Then I opened up the sales book for the café and read all the purchases. According to the book, the café had made a profit of one Gold coin and fifty silver coins, which wasn't terrible for its first week, but since the profit would be for paying for all the women's wages who I was planning on employing there, I needed the profit to be bigger. Thus I would need to find out what was selling the best and what wasn't selling very well in order to maximize the profit and stop producing the things that didn't sell.

From the sales book, I could see that Iced cream was the number one bestseller. Which was shortly followed by the strawberry cake (heart fruit cake), and then followed by the Gocan cake (chocolate cake). Looking through the things that were sold out very quickly, I noticed that they were things that weren't super sweet. Things like doughnuts and the cakes that required a lot of sugar didn't sell out quickly, while the less sweet things like the heart fruit cakes or things filled with cream and fruit sold out much faster. This was probably due to the fact that Girannon wasn't used to really sweet things, so I was already going to change the menu and the recipes to tone done on the sugar. More cream and fruit, less pure sugar. I immediately went onto Pinterest to look for more subtle less sugary desserts.

After satisfied with my readjustments to the menu I wrote a letter to Mr Frobisher, the owner of the farm where I bought my produce, to ask for a large delivery of certain goods and to lessen the load of other goods.