Chapter 33: A letter, a safe house and more...

Start from the beginning

Much Love Alice

Also please remember that next week is Tyrion's birthday and he is still eagerly awaiting to try some of your cakes! And so are the rest of us, so don't Disappoint!'

I chuckled, I would have to remember to bring them some cake next week when I would go for Tyrion's birthday. As for right now, I would keep my new snake in the Safe Room. It was dark and cozy in there but he would also be able to get some sunlight by the windows at the top of the room. Also it seemed fitting to me since the snake was literally a slithering gemstone he would be happiest with all the other gemstones.

"Bard." I called out.

"Yes Milady." He replied gently.

"Could you please take this box up to the Safe Room." I asked.

"Certainly Milady." He bowed gracefully before calling for Rudyard and Auberon to help him lift the large red box upstairs.

I watched as Auberon and Rudyard took hold of the box, while Bard casted some wind magic on it so that the air would help lighten the heavy load and carry it upstairs.

They carried it up both flights of stairs and then to the farthest room on the east wing, the safe room. Bard was the only one who could enter the room out of the three so he used wind magic to do the final push inside. He pushed it to the center of the room and I walked inside to help, while Rudyard and Auberon stood outside.

"Milday?" Asked Bard as I was untying the copper ribbon from around the box.

I turned up to him and smiled. Bard blushed gently and stroked his grey beard.

"If I may ask... what is inside the box?" He said eyeing it curiously.

"Umm... Have you heard of a crystalline snake?" I asked him.

"A crystalline snake... My goodness me..." He said stroking his beard enthusiastically.

"A crystalline snake!" I heard Auberon call from outside the Safe room. "Those are impossibly rare! Is that what's inside the box?" Auberon was always excited about magical things but he seemed to love the idea of the snake.

"Yes Our Lady managed to capture one during the hunting party at the Von Esterheim soirée." I heard Edna's cool calm voice from behind him.

"Well done Milady!" Exclaimed Auberon.

"Yes, that was quite the find." Said Rudyard leaning casually on the side of the big wooden door.

"Thank you." I felt quite chuffed. Then I lifted off the lid of the red box and was reacquainted with the beauty of the snake I had helped catch. It was even bigger than I had remembered it, even while it lay all coiled up inside the box. It was about a meter long and each scale looked like it was made of opal crystal stones that shimmered different colors in the faint soft light seeping into the room from the window.

"It's extraordinary..." sighed Bard as he admired the snake.

"Unbelievable..." Said Auberon in a daze as he stared at the snake from the door. Even Rudyard was gaping at the creature from where he stood.

The snake was still sleeping happily inside the silk box and looked like it wasn't going to wake up anytime soon.

I quickly got up and then ran to my favorite drawing room which was right next to this room. I grabbed one of the wool blankets from the couch and also a small golden pot ornament that had been placed on the desk. I then went back to the Safe room. I placed the woolen blanket in the darkest corner of the room so that my snake would have a nice bed when it went to go and sleep in the dark corner and then I set the golden pot next to the box so that it could have a nice snack when it woke up from its sleep.