Chapter 1: Wolf Mother

27th July 1998

U.S.S. Headquarters

U.S.S. Delta Team

Cpt. (Y/n) "Ghost" (L/n)

Vector and I were on our way to the briefing room. The headquarters are a bit tense since the last incident. All of the people were working all around the clock to keep the Director happy. I guess after all that happened is natural that the director is not in a good mod.

"Sir, here's the latest report of the current situation." Vector handed me a file that contains information about what just happened within the last week.

"So much happened since I'm away." I look at the file, paper by paper. trying to grasp our current condition. "Ecliptic Express. The mission went wrong. All of the U.S.S. Delta Team members that were sent to that mission were all KIA (Killed in Action). The remaining survivor of the Delta Team was only agent Ghost and agent Vector, who currently away within that time."

"It looks like the Director sends the team without us that day, Sir. The situation was crucial and they demand an immediate response team. Eagle was the one who leads the mission." Vector inform me.

"Well, too bad that they didn't make it." I flip through another paper and find information that caught my attention. "Spencer Mansion Report."

It seems that Wesker manages to complete his mission. To get the combat data for our newest BOW (Bio Organic Weapons). But he didn't make it out. Director doesn't seem to please hearing it. There are four survivors that managed to escape.

I flip the paper and I found the list of people that managed to get out. "Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Chris Redfield, and Jill Valentine." So Jill and Chris made it out alive. Thank god. I was worried there for a second.

I smile as soon as I saw Jill and Chris's name. Vector notices it and asks. "Why are you smiling, Sir?"

"The Redfield made it." I try to make excuses.

"You mean Chris Redfield? I guess his trophy was mean for something after all."

"Yeah. Your right."

After a few minutes of walking, we've finally arrived.

"Took you guys long enough." A woman leaning to the wall spoke. It's Bertha, one of the Umbrella Security Service field medic.

"Bertha, I didn't expect to see you here."

"We need to talk. But it's better for you to meet with the Director first, Ghost. I'll be waiting outside."

Vector and I share a look before we proceed to open the Director's office door. We walk inside. When we arrived in front of him. We salute.

"Director!"

The director stands up from his seat and turns his attention to us, "You finally arrived. You know why I called you here, right?" He asked.

"It's about the Ecliptic Express incident, isn't it?"

"Yes. After the rest of the Delta team were wiped out. Only you guys remain. And I don't feel really happy about it. You need to fill the gap in your unit, Captain. I'm ordering to form a new Delta team. I have feelings that were going to need you and your team in the near future."

"Near future?" I asked.

"Who am I kidding. Umbrella has been compromised. And it is our job to make sure that Umbrella survives if something bad happens. That's why I need you to do this fast. It is your team now. So you pick it yourself. I got a few recommendations for you if you need it."