Chapter 10

The Cult

Chapter Ten

Adalyn's Point of View

Josh came to my room a few days after I had completely recovered and had been cleared to work.

"Hey, Miss James." He said as he closed the door and removed his mask and fedora to reveal his face and hair.

I nodded. "Hello, Mr. Cassidy. What can I do for you?"

He sighed and looked at the floor, like he was about to say something he was going to regret. "I think I want to join you."

I perked up. "I'm sorry, say that again?"

He cleared his throat and looked me dead in the eyes. "I want to join you. I see what you are saying. There is another way that we can get more out of rather than the outcome we are going to achieve here. Peace is the best approach."

I practically threw myself into his arms, which made him jump a bit, stiffen, then he accepted the embrace.

"Yes! So, I've been planning this out ever since I got here. We need to create an explosion and make it look like a mass suicide. People are beginning to learn that there's a cult compound on this land mass, which means we need to make this look intentional by the members. I bet there's pressure on the group to perform something drastic, which makes this the perfect opportunity to try something dangerous.

"So, after training drills have ended for the day, we meet outside, in the courtyard. From there we will fly up to the top of the towers and begin to create a massive energy blast between the two of us. Nobody will see it coming. It will be secret and in a flash, we'll be free." I finished.

He began to process the idea. He began to nod his head but cocked his head. "When are we doing this?"

"Um, I don't know. I'll tell you. We have to wait for more pressure from the surrounding land masses and the allies to do something drastic. Whether that be board ships and fly to various governments to swarm and destroy, we can hold them back and once they are in group masses, we can easily destroy them. However, it would be easier to overthrow or burn down every single compound in the Dynasty system.

"The other branches will become suspicious of the silence from the other bases and before they realize they are goners, they will be gone." I said. "I know this isn't the most peaceful way to clear our names and destroy this cult, but other than overthrow the leader, I really can't think of anything else."

"Well, I would like to hear your plan for the overthrow of the cult. I think whatever you come up for that would work as well." Josh asked.

"Okay. Just, sit down. We're going to be here a while." I said as he pulled my desk chair from my desk.

He nodded.

"Okay, so, I'm thinking we find more members who are willing to overthrow the leader and stage a revolt. I will act like the protector and take him into a separate room. I will then come in and surprise him with an electric shock of energy. He will fall to the ground, dead. The heirs will be held hostage and until they surrender, will not be allowed to leave. They will be stuck in whatever room I place them in until they give up.

"They will surrender power to us and I will pass a bill that will dismantle the Dynasty, along with it's affiliations, branches and any other connections, direct or indirect. Through this, I will also order the transport of members to other nations of their choice with a completely new identity. They will leave whatever area they are located and go to their country of choice with a new name. So, what do you think?"

He looked at the wall. "Well, the time frame could certainly use improvement, but honestly, I doubt it could be improved."

I nodded. "Definitely. So, what should we do?"

He began to pace the room. "Well, if we want to take the peaceful route of overthrowing the government, then we might not kill the leader and instead bargain with him to end this all now. Then, we can declare the cult gone and then we can continue on the mission. If we create more violence, then we're just contradicting ourselves."

I sighed. "True. When the time is right, I'll tell you. We can do so much and get everything done faster than anyone can say, "the Dynasty.""

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Few Days Later...

I was watching over a meeting with the leader when I heard there was some type of disturbance occurring nearby the building.

I ushered the leader to his palace area before running out to the area of the disturbance.

The group had taken their masks off and they were fighting guards off. They were trying to run for freedom.

I pushed myself through the crowd. "Hey, hey, hey! What's happening here?"

Everyone stopped and turned to me.

"We want to join you."

My eyes widened.

They heard everything. 

The Cultजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें