Chapter Four

The Cult

Chapter Four

I was expecting another note.

I just wasn't expecting the small box underneath.

The note read:

Open outside of your "apartment."

The Dynasty.

Is there something.... hazardous in there?

I bit my lip. What's happening?

What is in the box?

After debating over whether or not to open it or not, I eventually had to open it.

I carefully opened the box and found a ring.

The ring was gold, with small emeralds around a plague mask. The emeralds were small, and two were on the eye parts of the mask.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Just a little gift."

My head whipped around to the voice that emitted from the far left corner of the room. A figure resided there, wearing the traditional Dynasty garb.

"What do you want?" I asked through gritted teeth.

His robes shined as he moved closer. "You're a smart girl. You know what we want."

I crossed my arms. "Never."

He cocked his head. "Are you sure?"

"What do you think? I really wish you would leave me alone. I will never join you. You can keep sending me creepy notes, you can keep sending me weird gifts. No matter what, I won't join you." I responded.

"You should think about it. We want what you want." He said.

"No, you don't. You want something I don't want."

"We both want the expulsion of corrupt government. There is no difference or in between."

I cocked my head and crossed my arms. "You want the complete expulsion of government. We want the expulsion of the Federation government."

The Dynasty member began to strut around as his robes flowed around him. "The expulsion of all governments includes the expulsion of The Federation."

I scoffed. "You act like I don't know that."

"You clearly don't."

"Yes, I do. But, each government has their flaws, but people of those governments can protest. They can vote. They have more freedom than the people of The Federation. The people of The Federation need a voice. And I think that I can be their voice." I responded.

"How many years will this take?" He asked as he continued to strut around the cave.

I made a face. "That's none of your business."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I am very sure about my stance." I responded.

His robe swished and he levitated.

I stepped back before he thrashed at me. Then, I saw his hand.

There was a metal glove on his hand with small knifes plastered to the glove. I did a back flip and avoided the impending cuts and abrasions.

"We will get you, James. Even if it kills us." He said.

And with another swish of his cloak, he was gone.