- 10 -

MEA

-Earlier that Day-

"Yasss girl," Raven said when she saw me walking down the stairs

I was looking good for my date tonight. I just got my hair braided yesterday at the shop. My makeup looked flawless and I was smelling amazing.

"I see you approve of my outfit?" I laughed at Rae.

I walked over and sat next to her on the couch. I still had a few minutes before my date would arrive. After, a long battle with myself I finally decided to take Jarod up on his offer. Since having lunch in the mall we were texting and conversing nonstop.

"I'm so nervous Rae." I looked at her.

"Girl it is just a simple little date it's not like you about to marry the man." She rolled her eyes at me. "I'm happy that you're finally going out. I need you to forget everything else going on in your life right now and just focus on you and having a fun night."

"Your right. It's about me tonight." I smiled. "I'm still shocked that he accepts my pregnancy and still wants to date me." I figured he would run away as fast as he could but he didn't.

"Yeah, girl I don't know many men who would. That tells me right there that he really likes you."

Before I could respond there was a knock at the door. Raven got up and opened the door for me. Jarod walked inside of the house with a bouquet of flowers. A smile came across my face.

"Are those flowers for me? You shouldn't have." Raven said.

He smiled at her "No, I'm sorry they are for the lady of the house." He looked over at me.

She laughed. "Well anyway, I'm Raven. It's nice to finally meet you." Raven turned towards me "Have fun tonight" she winked at me and turned back towards Jarod. "Make sure you're on your best behavior and you have her back in the house at a decent time."

"I promise I will. You have nothing to worry about." He smiled at me.

Raven blew me a kiss and left out of my front door.

"Hello, beautiful these are for you." I grabbed the flowers and placed them on the table.

"Thank you so much. They're beautiful. Are you ready to go?" He shook his head yes. I grabbed my purse and we headed out of the door.

We were at The Steakhouse one of my favorite restaurants in town.

"I am so sorry about the incident that happened at the mall." I placed my head down in shame. I knew Dom could have done way worse but I was thankful that he didn't.