- 17 -

*picking up from earlier*

DOM

"I killed our baby Dominique." She placed her head inside of her hands.

"What???" My eyes widen in shock.

My heart felt like it dropped into my stomach.

"No. No. Not like that Dominique." She quickly popped her head up and looked into my eyes.

I rubbed my right hand down my face and let out a sigh of relief. She didn't intentionally harm our baby. But, I was still confused about what could have happened.

"Because of me, our baby is not here. I feel terrible about it! I have no clue how those drugs got in my system. So, I blame myself for this Dom and I'm sorry." She touched my hand. 

This situation has been effecting her tremendously since we've left the hospital. I haven't seen the happy, goofy and full of life Mea since a piece of us was taking away.

I stood up from the kitchen chair and pulled her into a hug. I was still broken about the news also. Devastated actually. My child was gone and there is nothing I could do about it.

Also, I've been calling Aaliyah to speak with my son but she hasn't returned any of my calls. Even when I tried going over there she was never home. When I find her she will be getting an ear full. I needed my son more than anything right now!

Where the fuck could he be?

"It's okay Meme. We are going to get through this together. I'm right here with you every step of the way." I kept her in my arms until both of our tears stopped falling from our eyes.

Maybe this happened to bring us back closer together! I'm really trying to figure out the lesson in this tragic situation.

"I've missed you, Dominique." Those words made my heart flutter.

"I missed you to MeMe." I gently rubbed her back.

"Why?" Her voice cracked.

"Why what?" I looked into her eyes that were filled with sadness.

"Why did you hurt me?" She looked down at the floor. "You know I have a hard time trusting people. Especially men because of my father."

"I'm not your father Mea." I gently touched her chin and made her look me in my eyes.

"If I couldn't trust my Father. The man who created me to be there. Why should I trust you?" That statement broke my heart.

I was the one person that she depended on to never betray her. Now, look at me! I broke the trust of my best friend because of the stupid mistakes I made as a kid.

"I apologize for everything Mea. If I have to spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you I will." I wiped her tears away. "You can trust me Mea! Unlike your father, I'm admitting to my wrongs. I'm trying to mend a relationship with you. Correct the stupid mistakes I've made! I'm not leaving you!" I reassured her.