End Of The Road

We finally get back to the house and I am so tired. I haven't been here in at least two weeks. I want to go back home, home, but I don't know how to tell Ruby.

I'm now showered and clothed, when I walk into the living room Ruby and Scrim are smoking a blunt.

"I need to talk to you guys."
They both look at me and I take a seat on the coffee table so that I'm across from them. I sigh and they look at each other then back to me.

"I think I need to leave, I just need to go back home."
Ruby shifts uncomfortably.

"Why?"
He says with no emotion.

"Well, there are some issues here that I think can't be solved."
Before I can finish Ruby interrupts.

"You mean the feelings you have for both of us?"
Scrim looks shocked, I never told him about my feelings although he knew.

"No Ruby, not just that."
I squint my eyes annoyed.

"Whatever, you wanna leave? No ones stopping you."
He stands up and walks away. I drop my head into my hands.

"Feelings?"
Scrim says straight faced.

"Not the time to talk about it Scott."
I stand up but he grabs my wrist.

"When is the time Cher? How's Ruby gonna know about the feelings you have for Me and I'm not gonna know?"
He has a point but I'm not in the mood to talk about the feelings I have for him when I'm in love with his cousin.

"I love him Scott, so much. I'm losing him and I don't think I can do anything about it."
He nods his head microscopically and gently let's go of me.

"But, if you leave, don't expect to come back."

With those last words he gets up and walks out. How stupid of me, every time something semi small happens I run. It's a stupid thing that I do, but I can't help it. Feeling uncomfortable in a home that isn't yours is the worst feeling ever and I can't deal with it. With tears in my eyes I start packing my suitcase. I call Shyanne and ask her to pick me up from the boys. She tells me she'll be on her way as soon as possible. After the hospital she went and got a motel she plans to leave in two days.

"So that's it? You're really just gonna leave?"
Ruby stands over me as I sniffle.

"Don't just fuckin' ignore me now!"
His shouting makes me jump. He shoves my suitcase open and starts to throwing my stuff everywhere.

"Ruby!"
I can hardly see from the tears in my eyes.

"Stop!"

"You're just gonna fucking leave me? After all this fucking bullshit!"

"Stop fucking shouting at me!"
I shove him back and he flings my bags around. He starts to knock things of his off the dresser and slams it to the ground.

"You're just gonna run like you always do! Like a little bitch!"
I proceed to pick my belongings up and shove them into bags. He stops in place and I can hear his breathing from across the room.

"You walk out that door Cher, don't come back."
There's no tears, no sadness, only anger. Although I know he's hurting. The way we are isn't healthy and I need to leave. I don't say anything my breath is quivering and I can barley breathe. He bites his lip stopping tears nodding his head he walks out and slams the door.

"Fuck."
I whisper through tears.

$
The boys are on the patio when Shyanne messages me that she's here. They don't even look up. I stare at them for a minute Ruby with his face in his hands and Scott with the blunt between his lips. I take a deep breath and walk out the front door. Shyanne stands in the walkway and hugs me when I reach her. All my tears flood out and I try to push them down as best I can.

"Cher!"
I turn to see Scrim coming out. I stop and stand until he catches up.

"I didn't mean what I said, imma always have you. You can text me whenever you need anything. Or if you just wanna talk."
He caresses my cheek and I hug him.

"I'm sorry, just shoot me a message when ya home safe."
I smile at him and he pulls me in again.

"Be safe I love you shawty."
He catches me off guard, when I hug him I look up and Ruby's in the window with stank face. I pull away and give Scrim one last smile.

"I'll try."
I joke, he laughs breathy and stands there. I walk away fast and adjusted my bag on my shoulder. As we drive away I take one last look at the house. All the memories of the boys flash through my head and the tears drown me.

Flashback
"Why are you so insecure? You're not even ugly."

"Who said I was insecure?"

"Take your shirt off."
I keep myself afloat in the pool as I stare up at Ruby. He pauses and looks down at me.

"Why, perv?"
He smirks, I get out of the pool with a straight face and stand in front of him. He just stares at me and I slowly lift his shirt over his head. He swallows nervously and I smile.

"Don't be insecure, you're beautiful."
I throw his shirt off to the side and jump back in the pool.
End flashback

Shyanne places her hand on my head making me jump. She strokes my hair and I just lay my head down and cry.