Chapter 13: Names

The construction is almost completed, all they have is finishing touches over the next few days and then we have the HQ all to ourselves. At the moment we're all in the training room, working out and chatting. If you're distracted while working out then you aren't focused on the strain of your muscles and you can push yourself farther, which also means putting up with meaningless conversations but what can you do.

"So I'm thinking...The Jet Black Wings!" Kaidou said with sparkle eyes. We were talking about code names since we all agreed that we should keep our identities a secret from the public.

"That's a little long, Kaidou. How about just 'Jet Black' or 'Jet'." Miko grunted, she was really excited about the code names, she was just having a little trouble with the weights. Kaidou stopped sparkling but muttered an 'okay'.

I decided to change the subject, "Okay, well for your name," I gestured to Miko, "It should have something to do with your powers. Normally I wouldn't want to reveal your powers in your name since that would give your opponents an idea of what to expect but in your case, once the public suspects we have powers, it'll only cause confusion since most of them are likely to deny any abilities of foresight. And even if they do believe in your powers, they won't really know what to do about them since they don't know the extent of your abilities."

"Wow! You really thought this through, Kurik- I mean CJ" Miko stuttered. I shrugged and continued lifting my comically sized weights, "Actually, your explanation gave me a great idea for a name!" She smiled, "Mikoto! Code name: Foresight!" She announced.
I was genuinely impressed, it's actually a great name. I gave her a thumbs up to express my arousing excitement.

"So what is your name gonna be?" She asked.

"CJ," I replied simply.

"But I thought we weren't gonna reveal our identities." Kaidou wondered.

"CJ's not my real name." I notified.

"It's not?" He paused for a moment.

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p'. Since he hadn't resumed his workout and his thoughts betrayed that he felt a little hurt that I hadn't entrusted my identity to him. It's not that I didn't trust him, in fact, no one knew my true identity but my parents, not even my sister.
"So, have you guys heard of that overly violent vigilante around town?" I changed the subject again.

"Oh yeah! Do you think we should go after him?" Kaidou asked excitedly.

"Actually," I was a little nervous about how he would react, "I -um- already did." They stared at me for a moment before I cleared my throat, "Toritsuka gave me a tip and I had to check it out. I found him and stopped him from causing permanent damage to the criminals he was after."

'Cool! ' Kaidou thought.

"Well," I grunted, yes grunted, it wasn't cheap but Saiko was able to get comically sized workout equipment with weights made of Osmium, the densest chemical element (which is a metal that is). Osmium has a density of around 22 grams per cubic centimeter, about twice the density of lead. Anyway, "I was wondering if you guys were cool with him joining our crew." Silence followed my proposition.

"Well.." Miko said slowly, "As you said, he's overly violent. How can you be sure he won't kill someone?" She asked carefully. I had to admit, the thought had crossed my mind a few times, but that was why he needed to join.

"I will take full responsibility for him." I promised with newfound determination, "The reason he should join is so we can help him learn to control himself and still help people without harming himself or others. (permanently)"

Mikoto was the first to get over her shock, she smiled, I could tell she was still reluctant but she trusted me, which I very much appreciated. "So what should we call him?" She asked, eyes twinkling.