Chapte 11: In Search of a Disguise

I can barely find any more Kuriko pictures anymore, if you know of any that you don't see as soon as you search her name, please send them to me! Also, feel free to give critique or suggestions for the story!
~Sharde

It had been much more lively as of late, with Mikoto around, which wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be.
Yes, I had to zap the asses of a few dirty-minded construction workers and proceed to fire them but she was probably doing me a favor revealing who they were, so I wasn't mad (at her at least).

We were almost done with construction actually, just a week more and we'd have our secret base. I'd suggested we start training early though since there was already a roof over the gym. Miko had been updating me on my two other sisters lately and inviting me to hang out with them so they didn't get worried. We had all returned to school, I forgot to mention that last chapter, and I continued to stretch and eat lunch with Mikoto every day.

Kaidou had been more chill with his whole roleplay thing lately since he had something to focus his efforts on. I found out through involuntary telepathy that Kuboyasu was the one that saves Metori Saiko and that he goes on regular patrols every night. I'm not worried for his safety, him being a famous former gang leader and all, but I am concerned about his mental state. He's been an overly violent vigilante, ending up in the news on multiple occasions. Yes, he's a vigilante but his reason for being one is less than respectable. He figures that if he's going to be violent then it might as well be for a good cause. The problem with that is that he's taking his aggression out with violence, which never ended well for anyone.

"Kurikiki?"

I turned my attention to Miko, "Aren't you going to get something for your costume?" She questioned. We were shopping for costume stuff for her.

"I already made mine, remember?" I said.

Miko scoffed, "Yeah, but from what it sounds like, you just threw it together. Surprisingly it turned out alright but still! If we're gonna be fighting crime, we're gonna look good doing it!"

I made a mental image of my costume:
White Hair
White Sweater
Black Leggings
Black Women's Beret Cap
Black Combat Boots

I picked up some black fingerless gloves and a dark purple scarf, then walked back over to my gyaru sister and tossed the items in the cart, "Happy?" I said. She scoffed but said nothing and we continued on her quest for a costume.

After what felt like days, I finally convinced Miko that her outfit looked fine. It actually looked pretty good to be honest but I was just really bored. Her costume continued her neon pink and green gyaru look but she also bought dark versions of her outfit for stealth missions (which btw, took a lot of convincing on my part):

Black Shoulderless Crop (short sleeves)
Sparkling Purple Transparent Shawl (w/crescent and star shapes)
Black Harem Pants
Black Moccasins

It took a lot of convincing to get her to wear dark colors but it was worth it. I breathed a sigh of relief as I was finally allowed to return to my home. Waiting for hours while my sister shopped had given me time to think. Though I am superpowered, my mother and sister have both reminded me of the fact that I'm not invincible. What would happen if I died on duty? It's almost a ridiculous thought but it's not impossible. I made up my mind, I'm going to tell my mom about my work. I'd tell my dad but I don't especially like him, he is my father but he's also used me as his shortcut in life for as long I've been able. Besides, mom'll probably tell him anyway.
I said goodbye to Miko and made my way home for dinner.

Mom was still as peppy as ever but I could sense concern in her thoughts and words. I'd hardly been home the last few weeks and she was concerned, "So what've you been up to lately, Ku?"
It was good that she was still getting straight to the point though.

"I've got a job." I confessed. Her eyes widened and I felt my confidence drop a smidge, "Kaidou wants to help people but I knew he was going to get hurt doing it so I joined him. We were making blueprints for a secret hideout and gathering wooden planks but after we helped Metori, he started funding us and I've been supervising." I said telepathically.

"But what if you get hurt?" Mom mumbled. I felt a little guilty,

"I'm sorry mom, this isn't fair to you but I can't leave Kaidou to do this on his own, he'll get himself killed." I replied.

"I know you can't. I'm being selfish." Mom shook her head.

"No you're not. It's normal for a mother to care about her child's wellbeing, I would do something about the circumstances if I could." I reassured, not really like me but what can I say, I have a soft spot for my mom.

I couldn't fall asleep that night in my bed so I teleported to the cavern. Which I should seriously name. (A/N: someone please name it, i have a name in mind but it's lame.) I wish I could always stay there, it was so peaceful, so calming. I fell asleep almost immediately.

Thank you for reading! You're all amazing! Keep those one-word superhero names coming!