Chapter 6: The Jet Black Wings

I woke up in the middle of the night to a sound outside my window. I was surprised to hear the thoughts of Kaidou,
I can't do anything right. I'm weak and defenseless. I can't help my friends when they need me. The only thing I'm good for is playing pretend.
I couldn't bear his idiotic thoughts so I put on a disguise. (See disguise at the top by @raqquo on Tumblr)
I dawned a black sweater, some ripped dark purple jeans, a grey cap, and black combat boots that I got from my mom. I knew the hat wouldn't cover my hair so I changed the color to white, because really, have you ever seen anyone else in this show with pink hair?

When I was satisfied with my disguise I used clairvoyance to find Kaidou. He was sitting on the roof with his knees to his chest, I teleported to the opposite side of the roof and climbed over to sit next to him. He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice me so I put a hand on his shoulder which scared him so bad that he fell off the roof but I caught him and hauled him back up,

"Who are you?" He asked, clearly embarrassed.
I tapped my chin a bit to pretend I was coming up with a name but really I was changing my voice,

"You can call me CJ," I told him in my new voice. My alias stands for coffee jelly. I love coffee jelly.

"Okay CJ, what are you doing here?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I stood up, "I came because I couldn't stand seeing someone like you just sitting around feeling sorry for himself." I confessed. His face grew red,

"Well, what do you suggest I do?" He retorted, his voice cracked though so it was pretty high pitched, I bit back a laugh.

"Exactly what you just said, I suggest you do," he tilted his head, confused and I expanded, "I suggest you quit moping around and actually do something," I said. He looked frustrated with himself,

"Like what? I'm just a weak little chuunibyou (weeb) who can't protect his friends." He scoffed, I could see tears in his eyes.

My stern gaze softened a touch and I placed a hand on his back, "Do what you think your lost friend would expect of you. But be prepared, don't rush into something way over your head. You wouldn't want him coming back to see that you hurt yourself because of him." I warned. Then, without waiting for his answer, I jumped off the roof and teleported to my room. I could hear Kaidou's worried and bewildered thoughts, I smirked. I removed my disguise and returned to the peaceful realm of sleep. Little did I know that Kaidou was plotting.

The next morning my sisters were picked up by family members.
Kaidou had dark circles under his eyes.
Jeez, I know last night was exciting but did I really ruin his sleep?
What am I thinking, of course, I ruined his sleep, this is Kaidou we're talking about, he's got 8th-grade syndrome. I thought.

Kaidou started nodding off and in a second his face was in his eggs. Kuboyasu tried to keep from laughing as he tried to shake Kaidou awake.
I rolled my eyes and continued with my breakfast. Kuboyasu couldn't wake up his husband- I mean best friend. I couldn't help myself, I let my mischievous side shine out a bit and used my telepathy to contact him (in my filtered voice of course)

Kaidou... I called in a spooky voice.

He shot straight up, "CJ!"
I snickered.

"CJ? Who's CJ?" Nendou asked, for once it wasn't a moronic question, wonder how he's gonna dodge this one.

"Uh-um, ya see-" he stuttered,
"SHE'S MY CRUSH!"

My eyes widened and I felt my face grow hot, it was like the first time I met Teruhashi- I mean Koko- as Kuriko, when she was practicing her confession to me, on me.
I shook my head. Blegh, all this lovey-dovey stuff makes my stomach feel weird. It's so gross. I know that I sound like a second grader but seriously, this stuff makes me feel all squirmy, it's awful.