Chapter 12: A Tip

I woke up and had breakfast with my mom and dad, even though it was the weekend I still did a morning work out with the others at the gym in the almost-finished HQ, talking about names for our vigilante group (a/n: pls give me one i have no freakin idea) and such. Once we were done, I oversaw some construction, (the workers are paid extra for the weekends) helped carry lumber, and generally madw sure everything was running smoothly. At the end of the day I was craving sweets so I decided to visit my new favorite sweet shop: Kawaii Sweet Treat Maid Cafe
Ignoring the mouthful of a name (pun not intended), it's a really well run place, the people there are kind, and their sweets are the best I've ever had! The woman who makes them's name is Nana (I found out by telepathy) but she always goes by Kawaii~Chan, which is a bit much but as long as she's baking those sweets I don't mind.

I had already received my food and was happily enjoying it when some sleazeball had to come and to ruin my appetite,  "Hey Saiki!" Pervitsuka greeted.

I groaned and pretended he didn't exist. Since he didn't approach me after the teacher told us I was "missing" I assumed he forgot about my female form but I guess he didn't.

"Saiki!" He sat next to me.

You think he'll leave if he thinks I can't see or hear him?

"Saiki!" He started shaking my shoulders so I suppose not. But I don't care so I'm just gonna continue ignoring him. Then he made the mistake of reaching for one of my sweets and I pinned him to the table.

"I think not."

He raised an accusing finger at me, "Ha! So you can hear me!"

"Which makes it all the more sad." I replied while shaking my head, "What do you want?" I said, folding my arms.

"What? Can't a guy just say hi to a friend?" He asked, trying to play innocent and failing miserably.

"You're wasting my time. What do you want?" I deadpanned.

"Fine fine fine fine fine." He gave, "I got a tip from a ghost about that vigilante that's been beating criminals half to death. I know I'm too weak-"

"Too incompetent you mean." I muttered.

He continued as if he hadn't heard me, the only indicator being his sour face, "To stop him on my own so I figured, why not bring the psychic kids together for a worthy cause?" He finished.

"There's only two of us." I pointed out.

"Well that's because you didn't tell Aiura about your lady form. I called her up to meet us but she got all offended and she was like, 'you know Saiki's not here! Ugh!' And she hung up so it's just us." He shrugged.

I was going to decline but then I thought about it for a moment, I knew who the vigilante was, I could not only protect his identity but also keep him in check. Even if this is a false lead, I'm not going to take that chance. "Fine, but this had better not be a waste of my time."

"This is a waste of time

"This is a waste of time." I said as we peered over the side of a roof.

The purple-haired pervert wiggled his finger at me knowingly (despite the fact that he knows nothing), "Ah ah ah, we're on a stake out!" He claimed.

"Why?" I growled.

"Because I don't know what time he's coming, all I know is that it's today." He admitted.

I rolled my eyes, of course. I transformed into CJ because there wouldn't be a better time, I needed to protect my identity, and I wanted to ask Kuboyasu to join our vigilante team so that we could keep him under control while still allowing him to help people. If you're wondering how I changed into my clothes so quick, it's because I didn't, I made 'CJ' into a form.

"Agh! Who are you?!" A perverted dumbass yelled.

"It's me." I reverted my hair color to bubblegum pink for a moment.

"You're that chick from the forest!" He realized. When I neither confirmed nor denied his statement he started whining, "Can I join your group please?"

"You don't even know what it is."

"Maybe not but I know it's cool!" He proudly proclaimed.

"Well in that case..." his eyes brightened, "Absolutely not." He made a face like I crushed his dreams and I rolled my eyes, he made me do that more than normal.

He was about to whine some more when a distraction came to the rescue, "Oh look! It's him! I guess we can't continue this useless conversation!" I said. He pouted at me and I teleported us into the rafters of the warehouse we were 'staking out'. What is it with bad guys and warehouses? Toritsuka lost his balance and almost fell to his death (or large amounts of pain) but I caught him. Why did I bring him along? Oh yeah, he gave me this tip....I still should've ditched him.

My distraction kicked the door down and started beating up the several guys below us that were surrounding someone tied to a chair. Ah, so this is a hostage situation. Just kidding, I already knew about the hostage since I could hear their thoughts.

"AAAGGHH!!"

Ah, it seems my subconscious decided Toritsuka's life is not important enough for my mental effort. Oh well.

"SAAAAAIIIIIKKKKIIIIII!"

Ugh. Fine. I saved him at the last second and then dropped him face first on the pavement. That confused the kidnappers for a moment but they quickly convinced themselves that it was their imagination and tried to seize the psychic medium. Since I didn't want to rescue him later, I used my telekinesis on him to take control of his body and defeat the kidnappers with the help of Kuboyasu. Toritsuka had long since stopped as the the criminals were down but Kuboyasu was thirsty for blood. Toritsuka tried to stop him from causing permanent damage but got knocked out so I EE'd (equivalent-exchanged) the pervert away. And teleported down to where Kubo was beating the freakin sin out of one of the offenders.

I set my hand on his tensed shoulder, he tried to shake it off but my grip remained firm, "Stop." I cautioned. He faltered for a moment but continued his transgression. I made sure none of the men were awake and that no one was eavesdropping, "Stop, Kuboyasu."

He paused and after a moment, "How do you know my name? Who are you?" He lowered his fists but I kept my palm firmly on his shoulder.

"People call me CJ. As for knowing your name, mmm, a little pink birdie told me." I replied cooly.

"Who's 'people'?" He asked.

"There's this group I'd like you to join of young vigilantes that consists of me, two of my friends, possibly you, one very rich sponsor and a backup teammate who you just saw fall from the ceiling. We have training equipment, a place of operations, medical equipment & training (they all took a course to get basic medical training) but most importantly, we have a team you can trust." I paused for a few moments to let the information sink in, "If you're interested," I place a card with my number on it in his hand, "Give me a call." And then I vanished to leave him alone with his thoughts.