Chapter 7 - Ariadne Maciel

A small yawn escapes your mouth as you wriggle your butt in the passenger seat, making yourself more comfortable in it. You take a glance to your left, watching Jimin purse his lips as he concentrates on the road in front of him.

Hoseok is lying in the back seat, grunting in pain from time to time when he accidentally shifts his leg. Calming music is playing in the car, making you even drowsier than you already are.

Hm, look at them getting all comfortable in their seats, maybe I should stir them up a bit.

"Don't you try anything stupid now Jimin, alright?" You shoot him with a glare filled with fury, making him raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"Jesus Christ Ari, you're too creepy sometimes. Alright, alright." A very exaggerated sigh leaves Jimin's throat, causing the corner of your mouth to pull up in an amused smirk.

He straightens his back as he starts parking the car, turning the steering wheel around with ease. Reversing in the parking spot, his tongue slightly pokes out of his mouth as he carefully watches the mirrors, making sure to leave enough space for Hoseok to be able to get out of the car.

You tilt your head down and glide your tongue over your bottom lip, vividly remembering the moment in the storage room with Taehyung. Why did he do that all of a sudden?

He seemed like a very rational and exceptionally scary person at first, it looks like you were wrong about that. You're definitely right about him being terrifying though.

That dark aura you saw in the window is also raising many suspicions in your mind. What the fuck is going on with him? You feel as if your head is going to explode.

You jolt up in your seat when Jimin's hand pats your shoulder, his eyes observing you curiously. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you alright?" His soft voice echoes in your mind, a feeling of relief washing over you as he speaks.

"Let's get Hoseok out of the car." Brushing away the pain, you smile gently at Jimin, not being able to meet his gaze and open the door, only to feel his hand rest on your thigh lightly.

"Hey, Ariadne. Look at me."

You squeeze your eyes shut before you take a deep breath and face Jimin once again, this time looking straight at his sympathetic chocolate orbs. He's scanning every single movement of yours, searching for any sign of distress.

God, I have to talk to her when we get Hobi inside. She's not doing well, something happened and she obviously doesn't dare to tell me what. That pisses me off so much! You can trust me, you dumb idiot!

You can't keep a straight face when you hear him, your lips parting as you realise that he's right. With this behaviour of yours, you'll push him away and that's the last thing you want to do right now.

"Can we talk about it later? I promise I'll tell you everything." Your voice is barely above a whisper since you don't want to upset Hoseok, he's already wretched because of his injured knee.

Now that's more like it! Let's get moving before Hobi hyung starts screaming his lungs out. He isn't the type to wait around too much.

Jimin scrunches his nose and smiles widely, slapping your thigh lightly and swiftly exiting the car. You follow his actions before the two of you help Hoseok get out of the back seat carefully, letting him rest his weight on both of you as you walk him into his home.

Hoseok insists that you and Jimin stay longer, but you really can't wait to get back home and rest for a while. Today was much more eventful than you could've ever imagined.

Constantly tugging on Jimin's sleeve you let him know that the three of you, or even the whole of Jimin's group, will all hang out together some other time. You want to get home as soon as possible and clear the chaos in your head.