Chapter 5 - Both

Taehyung's POV:

"How long are we waiting for her?" I turn to one of the nurses, sighing impatiently as I hold my hands above the operating table where the little boy lies.

He's completely under and prepared for the surgery, the beeping of the vital signs monitor and other medical equipment being the only things disturbing the tense atmosphere in the room.

"For five minutes, doctor," The nurse speaks up, but I don't acknowledge her answer.

In the corner of my eye, I can see her fidgeting around as she tries to be less embarrassed about the situation. Clicking with my tongue, I shake my head in disbelief.

I thought I'd learned everything about that new doctor, I guess I was wrong. I can sense her standing in front of the doors of the operating room with her eyes closed and short breaths leaving her throat.

She can fucking see the future.

I hum quietly, a subtle smirk appearing at the corner of my lips. There's finally something interesting happening in this hospital.

The doors of the operating room open, revealing her to me. To others, she might seem completely fine, but I can see her agitation and uneasiness. She's still only human, that's her indisputable flaw.

She gets near the operating table, glancing up to meet my gaze without blinking. She has no idea how much I want to kill her right now.

My true form starts emerging from deep inside me, ready to devour her in seconds.

That's when I calm down completely, remembering that I still don't know how her seeing the future thing functions, if it's the same as hers. It's also her first surgery in this hospital, I might as well see how well she operates.

Her mind completely focuses on the boy and she starts the surgery, absolutely ignoring my obvious and rude provoking. It seems like her fear disappears as well when she concentrates on a task.

Now's my chance.

Closing my eyes for a brief second, I connect with her mind and gain access to every single memory and feeling of hers. She's completely absorbed in suturing the artery, so she fails to notice that my mind is also vulnerable to her.

Good, this is going much better than I anticipated at first. So, the future comes to her randomly, she can't control it like the mind reading. Those are both extremely good bits of news. Her family tree is very interesting as well.

I can't believe how life can always find a way to bring two people together.

"Dr Kim, concentrate please." I'm so immersed in her mind that I don't notice that she's done with the suture and is patiently waiting for me to cut the thin translucent thread.

I back out of her mind before she detects me and sink my teeth into my lower lip to stop the chuckle from escaping my throat. "Cut," I repeat after her, noticing her unique way of suturing.

It's remarkably fast and effective and I find myself analysing it thoroughly. I must admit, her skills are on a very high level. "You can close him up, right Dr Kim?" Her chuckle echoes through the room as she turns around and walks out before hearing the answer.

That little bitch is done when I get my hands around her neck. Oh my god, it'll feel euphoric as I watch her die by my hands. I should get rid of her as soon as possible and make life easier for everyone around her, especially me.

I breathe in calmly, walking around the table to take her spot. "Doctor, what type of suture technique is that? I've never seen anything like that before!" One of the medical students watching the surgery exclaims, making me snap my head towards him.