We walked side by side towards the elevator. The way Joy hung her head low and avoided other employee's eyes didn't slip from my attention, though. It shouldn't have, but it pissed me off a little.

"You know, you should care less about what they think of you. It's not like we're doing anything wrong. I'm just offering you a ride, " I said as soon as the lift door closed.

"I know," Joy sighed. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to make any scene. It'll be uncomfortable and it's hard to be productive in an environment which is uncomfortable for you."

I stayed silent, deciding that it would be better to keep my mouth shut before I said things that would turn this into a bigger argument.

Stepping out of the building, I gave the staff a tip as he drove my BMW to the front door. Entering the car, I threw my blazer to the back seat, leaving me with a white button up blouse, before stepping on the gas pedal.

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Jennie, Chaeyoung, and Jisoo were all focused on their own laptops. They had an upcoming Economic Quiz this week and they really aimed to nail it.

"What the hell does enterprise mean here?" Jisoo asked with an irritated tone.

"It's the process of bringing the factors of land, labor, and capital together to make a profit," Jennie answered without looking up from her laptop, her fingers dancing on top of the keyboard swiftly.

Jisoo nodded, typing on her laptop.

They were studying the case of study of Sustainability and Water from Nestle. Chaeyoung and Jisoo sat next to each other with Jennie across them. They had been inside the cafe from 11 am until now, at 3 pm. The three of them knew they wouldn't be studying if they gathered on one of their houses, they would either be sleeping or watching movies.

"Guys, I gotta be honest. I'm starving," Chaeyoung said all in a sudden.

"Me too," Jennie chimed in, her fingers stopped their previous action. Then both of them stared at Jisoo who was still typing rapidly on her laptop.

"Uh-huh, don't look at me like that. You know I'm always available for food," Jisoo said when she realized the two of her friends were waiting for her response.

"Alright, what do you want?" Jennie asked, preparing to get up and order.

"The Beef Fettucini here is amazing, I'll take one," Chaeyoung replied immediately.

"Make it two," Jisoo added.

"Me too. Drink?"

"Lemontea for me," Chaeyoung said when Jennie got up from her seat.

"Matcha latte," Jisoo said, not looking up from her laptop.

Jennie nodded and without asking any more questions, she walked towards the cashier to make an order.

Meanwhile, both Chaeyoung and Jisoo were still occupied with their homework, a 'ticket' that they had to submit in order to take the quiz.

Then, Jennie's phone lit up as the familiar ding was heard. Chaeyoung's eyes instantly went to the white device—she couldn't keep her focus towards the homework, her mind already wandered towards the juicy taste of fettucini.

Chaeyoung's eyes widen at the ID of the sender.

"Lisa?" she whispered absentmindedly, which attracted Jisoo's attention.

"What? Where?" Jisoo asked, her eyes searching around the room.

"No, it's from Lisa," Chaeyoung murmured, pointing towards the device. Jisoo's eyes immediately went to the device's screen and the same as Chaeyoung before, her eyes widen.