CHAPTER 6:NOT-SO FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL

Nat's POV

I wake up to find my alarm buzzing and telling me that it's the first day of school.

Yes, I start school today.

I had been admitted to the hospital for a week and then told to rest for another.

My pre-vacations ended yesterday and now it's time to face reality.

All the students have been lied to and informed that I fell from the staircase pretty hard and landed on my stomach which caused my ribs to break. The school authorities actually acknowledged this excuse and not only gave me leave but also sent their good wishes.

 I take a shower and change into a pair of T-shirt and shorts.

I stand in front of the mirror and try to do something with my face and of course, nothing works so I end up applying the good old lip gloss.

I pull my hair in a messy bun and take out my bag from my wardrobe.

I put the books inside it according to my time-table.

"Nat?" my mother calls me.

"Coming!" I reply and stuff my phone in the pocket of my shorts, wear my shoes and rush towards the living room.

"I'm late!" I say as I enter the room.

"The first day of school and you couldn't even bother to set an alarm," my mother says and facepalms herself.

I roll my eyes at her and sigh.

"Where's my breakfast?" I ask her.

"Oh was I supposed to make it?" she replies and I sigh in disbelief.

"Okay! No breakfast for me today then," I say and get out of that god-damned house.

I take out my car keys from my car and sit inside it.

"I'm hungry," I groan and rub my stomach.

I take out my purse from my bag and check how much money it has.

200 dollars.

"Good enough!" I happily exclaim and start the car.

It takes me ten minutes to reach the nearest departmental store and another ten minutes to reach the school and park my car.

I'm thirty minutes late but everyone's outside anyway so that means no class for me right now.

"Nat!" I hear people exclaim as soon as I get out of my car.

"You're here!" Nina, a great friend of mine, exclaims and rushes towards me.

"Yes," I reply to her and she grabs my arm.

"I have missed you so much! A lot happened since you left!"

"Uh hunh?"

"Yes like for starters Katherine finally stopped hitting on Bryce!"

"Wow"