Chapter 5

Taehyung's pov

I had a great time at Yoongi hyung's studio listening to the new song that he had composed. I also agreed to do the cover photo for it. I think a beautiful scenery would be perfect for that cover. Iam now on my way back to home. Yoongi hyung offered me to stay for lunch. But that nagging feeling from yesterday is still bothering me. So I declined the offer. Hyung was a bit upset that I was leaving so early. But I convinced him with a promise that I would visit him immediately after I find a good location for the cover shot. Yoongi hyung is going to the U.S today. He got an amazing offer for producing a song for a top artist. He is leaving by the 4'o clock flight. So I wished him luck and left after saying my goodbye.

I roll down my window and look at the sky. It has been cloudy since the morning. The sun hasn't shown up at all. I decide to take a long drive in my car, while hunting for some shoot locations. Normally this is not my work, but anything to change my current mood. I play some soothing music from BTS who are my favourite musicians. As their new track 'Home' plays I think of Minho. I must call him soon.

Immersed in my own thoughts I fail to notice the red signal until the last moment and step on my brakes harshly. Thankfully I hadn't been driving at a high speed. So I managed to stop on time. However my gratitude is short lived, since Iam jerked forward along with my car with a huge 'thump'. Ouch! My neck hurts from the sudden impact!

I look into the rear view mirror and see that a black BMW has bumped against my car's rear. Oh no! My poor car! My baby! It was the first thing I bought with my own earning and savings. How idiotic must a person be to not notice a bright red car and bump into it? I get out of my car in anger to take a look at the damage done to my car. I should also reprimand the person who did this. Were they drunk or what?

Meanwhile the BMW backed away a little. Yet the person who did this hasn't come out of the car. I approach the rear side of my car. The damage is not very serious but still the tail lights are broken and there is a big scratch across the shining red paint. I turn to look towards the BMW. It has tinted glass and I am not able to see the face of the driver. I tap on the window of the driver's side. The window slowly rolls down. What?? God! Not him again!

 What?? God! Not him again!

Jungkook's pov

After my sleepover at Minnie's house, I stayed there until lunch. I talked to Boyoungie over phone after reaching Minnie's house yesterday evening. She told me that she had reached safely. But we didn't talk much because she said she was busy with her work. But I suspect it is because she is upset with me for not gifting her anything on her birthday. I asked Minnie for help to convince her. And as expected, he comes up with a boring and stupid plan.

I curse myself for asking help from him and try to plan something romantic by myself. I decide to buy her a gift first. I think a diamond bracelet would be the perfect gift. She would definitely love it. So here Iam on the way to the Jewellery shop. I imagine the happiness that would sparkle on her face when I surprise her. It has been a long time since I did something special for her like this. She has been a bit distant from me lately. Maybe it is because of the work pressure.

My thoughts come to an abrupt stop when I realise that I didn't notice the red traffic light. I try to brake my car as swiftly as I can, but it is a little bit too late as I bump into a red car in front. I thank Minnie in my mind for reminding me to wear my seat belt. I open my seatbelt to get down and apologise to the owner of the red car. But I stop abruptly when I see who it is. It is the same irritating fellow that I met in the Cafe before a few days. I change my mind and continue to sit inside and slighly back my car away and observe him.

I can see that he is angry. When he sees the rear end of his car, his lips form a cute pout. What is this?? Did I call him cute again? Aish! He then comes towards my window and knocks on it. He still hasn't seen me due to my tinted windows. I slowly roll my window down. When he sees me his already big eyes enlarge some more and become like saucers.

"You again? Do you have poor eyesight Mister? You caused a scratch on my precious baby", he complains.
"My name is Jungkook and not Mister, you idiot. My eyesight is perfectly fine, thank you.And also baby who?"
"And my name is Taehyung, not idiot. My car is my precious baby. You have caused damage to it. Don't you even have the manners to apologise."

I step out of my car and stand in front of him glaring at him. "Don't you try teach me about manners. I will pay for whatever the damage I caused. If you want I will pay you double the amount. Just get the hell out of my sight", I say harshly. Iam not usually like this. But the way his face is red with anger makes me want to tease him even more.

 But the way his face is red with anger makes me want to tease him even more

"Not everything can be bought with money Jungkook. You may be a big CEO, but happiness and contentment cannot be bought. They are priceless. So are my sentiments."
"I can buy anything with money. I can buy a new car as replacement for this one to just shut your mouth", I reply arrogantly since my ego got hurt.
"You did the same thing at the cafe too. Even then I appreciated atleast your sincerity towards your wife. But if this is your attitude towards life, I think even your wife wouldn't be happy in her life with you"

At those words anger fills my heart and I dunno what I would have done but suddenly his phone starts ringing. His eyes light up immediately after he looks at the caller id and he smiles. Dunno who it is that is causing him to smile even in the midst of an argument. "Baby why didn't you answer my calls?", he asks immediately as he picks it up. But soon his smile is replaced by a frown."Yes, this is Kim Taehyung", I hear him say. I stay with my glare fixed on him. After a few moments his face drains off all its colour and becomes pale. Tears gather in his eyes. I feel a little pity at his expression. Soon he drops his phone on the road. "No, this can't be true! He is not even in Seoul! How can this be possible! No! Minhoooo!", he shouts and drops to the floor sobbing.

I don't know what to do. So I pick up the dropped phone, "Hello, Who is this? What is the matter?"
"We are calling from the police station. There was an accident in the outer area of seoul. This phone was found from one of the dead person. We want you to come here and identify him for further procedure. Please be quick".
"Ok sir. We will be there soon", I cut the call. I look at Taehyung with pity.
Soon it starts drizzling and small water droplets hit my face.

Author's note

Thank you to all readers for spending your valuable time in reading my story. I am really grateful. If you would vote on the story it would motivate me more. Please comment your kind thoughts on the story.