Chapter 8

Third person pov

Jungkook doesn't go back to the hospital. He drives his car rashly without a destination in mind. But when he finally stops, he realises that he is in front of his home. But is it a home anymore? With Boyoung gone it is just an empty house to him. He doesn't even bother closing the door and goes upstairs towards his room. As he opens the door to his bedroom, his wedding photo hanging on the opposite wall greets him. On seeing it, his anger increases even more, and he removes it from the wall and throws it on the ground, glass shattering and flying everywhere. He then drops to the ground and lets himself cry for his love and his life.

In the hospital, the bodies are handed over to their respective families after post mortem. It is confirmed that both of them died from impact of the car accident. But one shocking fact is revealed that Boyoung was pregnant and that it was Minho's child. That is the final blow for Tae and his self-confidence. But he holds himself together this time. He realises that past is past and there is no use crying over it now. Also he has no more tears or strength left in him after crying for 6 hours nonstop from the afternoon. He accepts the reality now.

However, that is not the case with Jimin. He is distraught upon knowing that his sister was pregnant when she died. Also he couldn't even imagine how Jungkook would react if he knew that she was pregnant with someone else's child. However they have more pressing problems right now. If the media comes to know of this affair, they would create a huge scandal, since Jeon corp is a huge company.

Hoseok somehow convinces the doctor by bribing him to rewrite the reports slighly so as to not damage their reputation. He also uses his political connections to close the case without much further investigations. He doesn't wish to do something illegal like this, but if he doesn't then there will be huge losses to their company as well because of the tarnished reputation. He knows that they won't be able to handle another blow in such a sensitive situation.

Both Tae and Jungkook don't sleep at all that night, mourning over the loss of their loved ones. While Tae is comforted by Jin and Namjoon, Jungkook just wallows in self-pity and hatred with no one to suport him, since Hoseok and Jimin were out all night solving the mess.

The next morning, funerals are arranged for Minho and Boyoung, unknowingly, in the same funeral house. Tae along with Jin and Joon reaches there with a heavy heart to give a proper sendoff to his husband. He prays for his soul to rest in peace and though it pains him a lot, he decides to forgive Minho for his betrayal and let all grudges go. Since holding on to it would only cause him to hate Minho and he doesn't want that to happen. At that moment he misses his Yoongi hyung a lot because he would have known exactly what to do to comfort him. But Yoongi was still in the US and he didn't know about the situation here because Tae forbid Jin from informing him since he didn't want Yoongi's dream opportunity to be spoiled because of him. Nevertheless, his hyung and Jin are huge pillars of support to him. They handle him with utmost care.

Jungkook, on the other hand is dragged forcefully by Hoseok for the funeral. He doesn't even want to see Boyoung's face for the last time, partly because of her betrayal and partly because he would breakdown completely if he did. On the way to the funeral hall, however, he breaks free from Hoseok's grip, "Hyung, I don't want to be there. I don't want to see that cheater's face. Just let me go before I do something that I might regret", and runs away in the direction his legs carry him.

Suddenly he bumps into someone and the other person stumbles and falls down. Jungkook blinks away the tears from his eyes only to see that the person was none other than Tae who was just coming out from the other funeral hall after Minho's last rites. Seeing him adds fuel to the flames burning inside him. "You again? I told you not to come in front of me again, didn't I? What do you get from ruining my happiness always?".

Tae blinks his eyes in fear without knowing what to do. He didn't want to come in front of Jungkook either. Then why is fate playing with his life like this? He slowly gets up from the floor,  "Iam sorry. It wasn't entirely my fault either. We both have suffered a lot from losing our dear ones. But that doesn't give you the right to shout at me whenever you please". Tears threaten to fall from Tae's eyes as he says that but he pretends to be alright.

"Lose? We didn't lose them. Your husband snatched my wife away from me. Don't try to gain pity from me. I will stand by my words. I will definitely get back at you for what he did. Now move out of my way".

"Excuse me! I don't want your pity. You are taking rash decisions based on your emotions. It is your ego which is making you talk like this. But don't blame my husband alone. Your wife also has an equal part in it. My family has also shattered. But I didn't blame you, did I? Because that would be utterly irrational".

Jungkook didn't have any reply to this because he knew deep inside that this was true. But at the moment his ego was too big to acknowledge it. So he rudely says, "I don't need your lecture. I hate to even see you. So go away".

These words irritate even the soft-hearted Tae. "The feeling is mutual Jungkook. I wish to never see you again. But I also pray god to give you some common sense and peace of mind. Bye". With that said, Tae leaves the place without a backward glance.

Jungkook is slightly taken aback for a moment by the sudden outburst. On seeing Tae walk away he mutters "Idiot" angrily and turns to leave when something glittering on the ground catches his eye. It is a beautiful diamond ring. The same ring that Minho had supposedly 'surprised' Tae with on saturday. Jungkook picks it up curiously and turns it around in his hand.

He guesses that it must be Tae's and must have slipped from his hand when he fell on the ground. He debates for a second on what to do with it and then slips it into his pocket. Seeing that ring triggers in him memories of his own wedding and bitterness engulfs him. All of that was worth nothing in the end. He sighs and turns to exit the funeral house when Jimin comes running to him.

"Kook, please come inside. I know you loved her very much. Can't you atleast do this much for her. If you don't come inside today, you will regret it for the rest of your life".

"No, Jiminie. I can't. Yes, I loved her. But I can never forgive her. If I come inside now, I can never pray for her to rest in peace. Better leave me alone. Talk to me when you are only my friend, not as her brother. I will leave now. Don't try to contact me until I do so myself". With that he walks away with tear filled eyes leaving a sobbing Jimin behind.

Author's note

Hello everyone,
Please vote and give your valuable comments on the story.

Don't forget to be optimistic
And here's a daily dose of Taehyung to make you smile

Don't forget to be optimistic☺And here's a daily dose of Taehyung to make you smile