As Jiyasha disconnected the call, her phone beeped again and it was a call from the office of her college. She received it and the receptionist informed her that she had to pay the fees of the final semester before the last date which was due in fifteen days. Medical fees per semester wasn't a small amount and Jiyasha had no provision to pay all by herself.

Jiyasha threw her phone on the bed and wondered, "It skipped my mind due to all the drama these days. How will I pay now? My scholarship is gone forever and even if I submit the government proofs of divorcing Aryan, the procedure of retaining the scholarship will take a very long time. I can't afford to skip even a single semester. The little money I have in the bank, I can sustain myself till the end of the degree but I can't pay the fees with that. Shall I remind Aditi once? Has she forgotten to pay my fees for this semester? She was really tensed when she left the city and I don't want to annoy her by reminding her. What should I do now? Shall I talk to Jatin Sir?"

Jiyasha quickly picked up her phone and dialed Jatin's number. He addressed her and she said, "What happened Sir? Your voice sounds bad today."

"I'm really tensed Jiyasha. I have decided to hand over the college to the Government officials. I'm waiting for their approval and they haven't yet contacted me."

"Why Sir? Don't you want to take up the responsibility as the principal or as the professor? Don't do this, we need you."

"No I can't remain attached with the college anymore. I'll be resigning from the professor's position after your results. I can't tolerate people teasing me with my father and sister's wrong doings. I'm fed up."

"I see," Jiyasha lowered her voice. She knew it would be wrong to ask money from him in such a situation. She changed her mind to some other plan. "Sir, before you leave the college, please can you do me a favor?"

"Yes tell me."

"Actually I'll be getting the payment of my fees a few days later since my sister-in-law has gone out of station. Could you please extend the date of payment?"

"No I can't do that because the college follows a certain rule. But I can always do something for specific students whoever need it and I've done it before. There are many pupils from middle class families who can't make payment before the date and I extend time only for them. So you do one thing, you write one application pleading for the extension of date for only you and get it signed by me. You can make the payments anytime by the end of the new semester. But remember, you will receive the final hardcopy of your degree certificate only when you've made the payment."

Jiyasha thanked Jatin and disconnected the call. She at last found a way to extend the time and was hoping that Aditi would make her payment very soon. But she was not sure so she had to start planning for an another method to make the payment. "Until I pay, I can't receive the certificate in hand but my degree will be completed. So I have enough time to think on it," she thought to herself.

**** 

The second week also passed quickly and Jiyasha only received the news that Aryan's date of the case has been extended again. Jiyasha and Pooja had started attending college and their results was ready to be declared on that day.

"I'm so scared. What will happen today, Jiya?" Pooja held Jiyasha.

"Everything will be good. Why are you so worried? Think of how Monica's results will be. She had worked hard this time," Jiyasha said.

"But what's the use? She left it."

As they both were discussing, students at the college shouted excitedly. The results was declared and they were rushing to know it. Pooja's throat dried up and her palms were cold. Jiyasha pulled her and they both reached the notice board.