Summer Lovin'

A huge splash of water reaches me laying across one of the pool chairs, soaking my towel and nearly turning my book into a soggy mess. I jump up in shock, the girls next to me snickering at my misfortune. The guys are all in the pool, big surprise. It could have been any one of them, though I'm nearly certain it was Percy. He's all the way at the other end of the pool but that means nothing. There's only demigods here, so nothing's stopping him from using his advantages over the water. AKA, cheating.

"I know that was you and I'm going to get you back, just wait! It's going to hit when you least expect it!" I call out to him. He just smiles and waves. 

Someone spikes a giant beach ball and it smacks Leo right in the face. He sputters and the water bubbles around him, turning his section of the pool into a hot tub. I can see the steam rising from here.

"Hey, neat! Step up boys, free jacuzzi!" Leo calls, his excitement from discovering a new trick overpowering his rage from being pummeled.

"Why is he like this?" Piper asks, propping herself up on her elbows and staring at the boys. The beach ball is being passed around. Frank hits it a little too hard and it deflates, losing air like a sad balloon. 

"His brain has been addled from all the fumes in bunker nine." I snort. Percy disappears underwater and doesn't reappear for quite a while.

"I still can't get used to that. How do we KNOW he hasn't drowned?" Hazel asks, peering into the bottom of the pool before pulling her chair closer to Piper and I. I move the prongs of the chair up so that it's in a more upward position, though keeping it reclined still for comfort.

"PERCY!" I call and his head pops up almost immediately.

"See? He's fine." I wave it off.

"How long was I under for?" Percy asks, pulling himself up onto the concrete. He drips water all over me on purpose and I swat at his legs.

"I wasn't counting." I tell him.

"17 minutes." Hazel answers his question. Was it really that long? I know he can last much longer than that but it's still a little mind boggling.

"Look at that, my own girlfriend can't even be bothered to see how long I was missing for." Percy shakes his head at me. He sits on the edge of my chair and leans back on top of me.

"Get off, you oaf! You're getting water all over my book!" I complain but he ignores me.

"Come on, get in the pool with me! It's so fucking hot out, I don't know how you girls can just lounge around like this without melting." Percy whines.

"I will if you would just- get- off- me!" I shove against his back and he relents, standing up. He drags me up with him though. Percy gives me a devilish grin and I know what he's going to do.

"Don't you even dar-" I start but I don't get a chance to finish before he picks me up as if I weigh nothing and tosses me in the pool before jumping in after. I break the surface and wipe my hair out of my face but he's still underwater.

"You're an ass!" I yell down at him because I know he can hear me but I'm not really mad. The water does feel refreshing. I feel his hand wrap around my ankle and I take a deep breath before he drags me under with him. Percy pulls me down to his level effortlessly. He makes a small air pocket just big enough to engulf our heads. The air will only last a few minutes but it's enough for us to have a little chat.

"Are you having fun?" I ask him.

"Quite a lot of fun, in fact." He smiles.

"More fun now that you're down here with me though." He adds and leans in for a kiss. Someone appears next to us and pops the bubble. I kick my way up and gasp for air, Percy following me.