6:43 AM

Slowly waking up, I stretch out and try to remember what I'd just been dreaming about. It was so  real, so vivid. I blink, my eyes adjusting to the soft light streaming into the room. My eyes fall on the person lying next to me and I think for a second that I must still be dreaming because there is no way someone could be this beautiful in real life. 

Annabeth is wrapped up in the blanket, her curls spread out around the pillow. She's still fast asleep, and I watch as she breathes in and out evenly. One of her bare legs is laying across mine and I trail my hand up it, barely touching her soft skin. 

"I can feel that..." She mumbles softly, her eyes still closed. I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer. She rests her head on my chest, nestling in under my chin. We lie here for what feels like an eternity. I entertain myself by playing with her hair, twirling individual curls around my fingers. How her hair manages to remain silky and sweet smelling every day boggles me. 

"On a scale of one to ten, how does this wakeup compare to others?" I mumble against her head. 

"An 11." She whispers. 

"How would you like to wake up like this for the rest of your life?" I ask. 

"What?" She says, picking her head up and twisting to look at me. 

"Marry me." I whisper, looking into her eyes. 

"Are you serious?" 

"Marry me." I say again. 

"Wait, so this isn't some joke, you're actually asking me to marry you? At 6:43 in the morning with the both of us naked in bed?" She asks. 

"Yes, wise girl!" I say, laughing. She sits up and I join her. A smile is slowly spreading across her face. 

"Is that a yes...?" I say hopefully, indicating her smile. 

"Are you kidding? Of course, seaweed brain!" She says, launching herself on top of me. I muffle her laughter with my lips on hers, feeling like the happiest guy in the world. 

"I thought you were going to do some crazy cheesy proposal that included all of our friends." She laughs quietly.

"Well I was going to...but I just saw you.... looking all amazing..... and couldn't wait any longer." I say in between kisses. 

"How did I end up with you?" Annabeth says softly, cradling my face in her hands. 

"I could ask the same thing." I say and then there's no more talking for the rest of the morning. Just joyful laughter and the occasional sigh. 

Just some fluff I thought of <3 

Also if anyone is wondering where my other AU story went, I just unpublished it for a little while. I haven't had any inspiration to continue writing it lately and I was more focused on finishing my other AU and this story so it was a little neglected lol. I'll find the time to finish writing it and then I'll republish it! Probably sometime in the new year, unless I find the motivation before then. 

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXOXO,

G