Broken

"WHAT THE HADES WERE YOU TWO THINKING?" Annabeth yells at the two campers in front of her. They had pranked the entire Athena cabin by projecting images of spiders all throughout the cabin, moving them around and when the Athena campers tried to kill them and found that they weren't going anywhere, they had all freaked out. Well, freaked out even more than they already were. Annabeth fortunately was out of the cabin but when she found out about it, she was furious. Thus leading her to yelling at the two responsible for it in front of the rest of the camp.

"DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW TRAUMATIZING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN FOR SOME? YOU TWO ARE EXTREMELY LUCKY I WAS NOT PRESENT BECAUSE NEITHER OF YOU WOULD STILL BE WALKING AROUND ON WORKING LEGS IF I HAD BEEN!" She yells, waving her arms around. The two boys, from the Hephasteaus cabin, look terrified. They can't be any older than 14 and Annabeth towers over the both of them.

"We're really sorry! It wasn't even our idea, we were just the ones executing the plan!" One of the boys speaks up.

"Who was in charge of this mission, then? Do not even think about covering for them, because right now you two are the only ones taking the fall for this." Annabeth threatens.

"Um, we promised not to tell. He said you were less likely to murder us then him." The other one chimes in. Annabeth narrows her eyes. Percy joins the crowd, asking around to gather what had happened. He goes to Annabeth, resting a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. Chiron had made the two of them senior counselors this summer, giving them more authority over the longer campers and thus relieving some of the stress from the centaur. Percy is afraid though that this particular incident might make Annabeth a little biased.

"LEO!" Annabeth yells, turning around to find the scrawny boy. He's hiding behind Piper, a sign that he's guilty. He is also the cabin counselor of the two boys at fault, giving him power over them.

"Annabeth, let it go. Come on, let Chiron handle this." Percy whispers to her and she allows him to lead her away from the crowd. Some of the other campers are impressed with Percy's ability to get her to listen to him, but those close to them know that its just because she knows he's right. He takes them back to his cabin, even though they aren't supposed to be in there alone.

"You were a little harsh there. Everything alright?" Percy asks her, rubbing her arm soothingly.

"Yes." Annabeth snaps at him. Her face softens though after she realizes that it's Percy she's talking too and she doesn't have to pretend anymore.

"Sorry. I'm just so tired, Percy." She sighs and leans her head down on Percy's shoulder.

"Me too, Wise Girl. Me too." He whispers. The nightmares are bad for the both of them but Percy has a hunch that Annabeth's bother her more than they bother him.

"I want to leave. I want to just disappear from the demigod world." She says quietly.

"We could, you know. We could leave and not look back. Go live on some remote island with just the fish to keep us company." Percy suggests.

"At least you would be able to talk to the fish, Seaweed Brain. I don't know how much longer I can do this. I feel so weak." Annabeth says. Percy's heart hurts hearing her so broken. He moves so that they're sitting face to face on his bed. He holds her face gently with both hands so that she has to look up at him.

"You listen to me, Annabeth Chase. You are the strongest person I know and I don't ever want you to forget that. I wouldn't be alive without you and neither would anybody else here. Despite all the shitty things that have happened to you, you're still here kicking everyone's ass. You're going to be a kickass architect one day and look good doing it. So don't you dare say you're weak." Percy declares. She closes her eyes and a lonely tear escapes down her cheek. Percy wipes it away softly. Annabeth reaches forward and hugs Percy tightly.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Percy." She says, her voice muffled by his shirt. Percy kisses the top of her head.

"Do you want to sleep in here tonight?" Percy asks her. Annabeth looks up at him and nods.

"Ok." Percy tells her. She reaches up to put her hand on the back of Percy's neck and pulls his face down so that she can kiss him. Loosing themselves in each other is a proven way to forget that they're just a little bit broken.

Oof. Much sadness. Was inspired by my own current events. Been struggling a bit lately. Grateful to have this outlet though.

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXO,

G